Back Again

(4 weeks later...)

Jakie's POV

It hadn't been long since I left. I was planning on going back for Zoe's 8th birthday. She had always known we were sisters. I told Ruby of my plans. She didn't approve. "Jakie, you ran for a reason." she always countered. I had to agree on that part. But I had made up my mind. I was going back.

I had absolutely nothing with me. I would be running in my wolf form. I wasn't a white wolf, since they're extremely common now a days. I was silver. An uncommon, pretty much rare, color. Since I was faster than the average wolf.

It took only two days to run back. Since I was bonded with Ruby and Alexa, they contacted me whenever they liked. I was in the middle of a conversation with Alexa when I saw Silver Moon borders. I didn't see anyone on patrol and snuck over the line. I shifted back to human, still clothed.

I saw Zoe chattering with a bunch of her friends. She saw me and broke away from the crowd. "Jay!" she called happily as she flung herself into my arms. "Hey little one. Happy birthday!" I said to her. Zoe smiled at me and showed a missing tooth. "I'm glad you're here, Jay." she said to me. I laughed.

I pulled out a box from my pocket. It had been carried in my mouth while I was running. Zoe took it from me and opened it. She gasped and gave me another hug. "Zoe, I had it engraved. Look at the back." I whispered to her. She pulled the small, heart shaped silver locket out of the box and looked at the back. Zoe, brave and true. Was written on the back.

"I love it! Thanks, Jay!" she said happily. I helped put the locket around her neck and she bounced away. I stayed until after she opened her presents. Then, she came back over to me. "Come see me soon?" she asked. I nodded. "I can't stay here long. If daddy asks, I wasn't here. I shouldn't really be here, but I came for you." I answered. Then, there was the sound of a pistol going off.

Hunters. Hunters were here. I took Zoe to the pack house and up into her room. I knew she couldn't stay here. The only option was to take her to Ruby's. I was holding a backpack packed with her new things and I threw clothes and her baby blanket as well as a stuffed bear. I slung it over my back just as shots started going off.

"I'm scared, Jay. I want my mama." Zoe said, teary eyed. I picked her up. "I know sweetie. So do I." I answered. She looked at me odd, since everyone in the pack knew my Mom was dead. I heard the sound of footsteps up the stairs and the clicking of metal. Hunters. I opened the window. Conveniently, there was a tree close by. And it would support our combined weight.

"Hold on tight." I told Zoe as I jumped from windowsill to tree. I quickly climbed down to the ground. It was pandemonium everywhere. Wolves fighting with men and women. I saw one of my half-brothers dead on the ground. It hurt a bit but not much. I saw Lacey still fighting and I went over to her.

She killed one hunter and noticed me. "I'm Jakie. I'll take care of Zoe. I'm taking her to my aunt's. Caleb is dead. I saw his body. If you need me, link." I said cryptically. Lacey nodded, confused. I started running and as soon as I was out of hunter sight, I shifted. Zoe climbed onto my back and held tight as I took off running.

_____________________________________________________________________

Jonathan's POV

I went over to Lacey to see if she was okay. I was genuinely worried about my daughter. No kid of mine would die unloved. I sniffed around for Zoe and found her scent fading fast. The color drained out of my face. "Lacey, do the hunters have Zoe?" I asked nervously. She shook her head no.

"Zoe is with someone named Jakie. Apparently, Jakie speaks in riddles." she said. That name struck a nerve. Jakie. Jakie had my youngest child with her. I would have to rescue Zoe from her. If I only knew where that had gone.

"Damn it. Zoe's kidnapped? Salt in the wound." I said, running my fingers through my receding brown hair. Lacey frowned. "No, Zoe isn't kidnapped. She went of freewill. Jakie will keep her safe." Lacey firmly replied. I growled and went off to find my pregnant mate.

_____________________________________________________________________

Good, long chappie? I was trying hard not to be cliché so I had hunters attack at a birthday party. Damn, I hope that's original.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!