Absolutely Overwhelming

Jakie's POV

I woke up panting in my bed. I checked the calendar. February 18th. It was a dream. I freaking creepy and realistic dream at that. Would a decree really go through? No, probably not. But the entire dream had been fake. I hope I wasn't showing any sign of clairvoyance. I then realized the date. It was the day after I took Zoe back, I believe.

I got up and went to go start breakfast. I called down softly to check if anyone was there and received no answer. I continued on and made Bacon and Eggs. There was a note on the table from Ruby.

Jakie,

Taken Alexa to her Grandma's house. Be back at 3.

Ruby.

I placed the paper back down and my thoughts wandered back to my dream. Would this really happen? I hoped not. But if it did, I would be completely screwed. I checked the fridge and saw we were low on everything so I grabbed my wallet and went to the supermarket. I was halfway there when my favorite song came on. I turned it up and sang alone.

She was a bottle blonde, had her 7s on,

When I think about it now, just a cougar on the prowl.

She was hotter than h3ll, had me under her spell.

Got that @ss doing yoga, didn't care that she's older.

Got off the stage, ended up at her place, we were burning up the bed, fire needed to be fed.

Morning sun hit her face, and Maggie May showed her age, I remember what my mama said.

Don't talk to strangers, Don't talk to strangers, Don't all the thinking with your little head.

Like Mama said, just like mama said, my mama said.

Don't talk to strangers, Don't talk to strangers, just wrap it up so you don't wind up dead.

Like Mama said, just like mama said, my mama said.

She liked them nice and young, she likes them fresh and hungry.