Day Two

Jakie's POV

Jakie, are you okay? Missy asked. I carefully picked my way through the trees. I'm fine. I answered back as I shut off our link. I need to focus on one thing. And that one thing was finding my little sister. Sure, she was my half sister, but she was still my sister. I then did something that would alert my position. I step on a twig and broke it.

Snap! It seemed to echo around the woods. Some skeletal birds took off from the trees and I started to run. I heard heavy footfalls behind me and put on even more speed. Whatever was chasing me may be bigger and heavier, too bad I'm faster. Soon, the footsteps faded into the distance and stopped all together. I could see why as I looked around.

The woods were really dark and thick. I could hear whimpering and caught the scent of a Werewolf. I followed it without question. It eventually ran cold. But, as I looked around, I saw a dropped note. I picked it up, the feeling very foreboding, and unfolded it.

TPT!! TPT!!

IFMQ NF!

-MBDFZ

What? Is it coded, or something? I could tell it was from Lacey, it was her handwriting, but I didn't know what it said. Wait. Coded. That was it! I had always seen Lacey writing in a code on a piece of paper when she wandered into the pack living room while I was studying in there. I then recognized the code. The Ceaser Shift.

The way the Ceaser Shift worked was you would write out all the letters of the alphabet and then restarted it. You would write Z under A and so on. I quickly translated what the note said: SOS!! SOS!! HELP ME! -LACEY

It was scary to even think of this. Almost a year ago I was graduating high school. I shook those thoughts out of my head. No. Lacey is important right now. Not me. I took the risk and decided to call out. "Lacey!!" I shouted in a loud and carrying voice. It echoed around the woods and there was no answering cry.

I started running to find my way out, shouting all the way. "Lacey!!" it kept echoing and it stuck in my mind. She could be dead already. This could have been a wild goose chase. She probably is dead. Sally isn't dead, Missy said truthfully. I ignored her. She isn't. I know. Please, find her. She urged. I scoffed and went back to shouting. "Lacey!!"

Echo. Echo. Echo.

_____________________________________________________________________

Here's le chappie! Yay!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!