Alone

Jakie's POV

Empty. The house where we'd all lived together was empty. I would be the only person in there. Stupid Jonathan. He was clearly on the way to becoming a psychopath, but I killed him before it could happen. I potentially saved a bunch of lives but it was still kinda creepy to think about.

I walked in the door and remembered the note from Ruby. Her will was behind the needlepoint my mom made. I remembered that one, of the winter trees. I looked behind it and saw a small safe. I spent about 2 hours trying to crack it and succeeded. I saw a rolled up piece of paper and I grabbed it.

I quickly unfurled it and looked. This was Ruby's will alright.

The Will and Last Testament of Ruby Delilah Lucille Greene.

I, Ruby Delilah Lucille Greene, leave my home and all its possessions to my niece, Jaklynn Alma Victor. Since my daughter, Alexa Kelly Corinne Greene, will most likely be dead along with myself, I leave Jaklynn Alma Victor my money and everything else.

One major thing is my engagement ring, I leave that to my other true niece, Zoe Rose Lilly, in hopes that she will keep it treasured.

Another major thing is the locket I received in the past from my ex-mate, Marcel Patrick Hayes, it must be returned to him along with my love.

This concludes this will.

Well that was short. I found the locket and ring and question and bit my lip. This would be hard to return. I somehow still expected Ruby and Alexa to come out laughing from behind a bookshelf or something, but I knew they were gone forever.

My phone went off and I checked it. There was a short message from unknown number. Need 2 talk. Meet me in park. -O huh, so he had checked his pockets. I quickly raced off to the park, eager to leave the empty house behind. I saw him sitting on a bench, watching pigeons fight over an empty taco shell. I gravitated towards him and sat down.

"Hi, seen any scouts?" I asked. He took a look around and I followers suit. Nada. "Nope. I heard what happened with Jonathan." he said. I winced. "I bet you did. I was in a rage at that point." I said awkwardly. He snorted. "Yeah, so I hear. Was it painful for him?" Oliver asked curiously. I gave a sad laugh. "Very. And very messy as well." I answered.

"What're you gonna do with the house?" he asked. I shrugged and leaned back. "Live in it, I suppose. It's mine now." I said matter-of-fact like. "Is that it? Really?" Oliver asked. I raised an eyebrow at him. He looked awkward. "Yeah, why n- oh! Shoot! Scouts!" I broke off as a couple of men began heading in our direction.

"Damn it. Run. I'll hold them off." Oliver said, jumping up. I followed suit and gave him a quick hug. "Thanks, if you need me, call." I said quickly before darting off. The scouts gravitated towards Oliver and I felt guilty about leaving him to deal with two men twice his size. I jumped up into a tree and got as close as I could. They began to circle him and I caught a flash of them tackling him. I whistled shrilly.

They looked around for the source of the noise and Oliver knocked one out. The other one kept his eyes locked on him. I gave a quick war whoop and he was off balance when Oliver rammed into him. The scout slammed his head on the gravel and was also knocked out. I jumped down from the tree, walking towards him as if I owned the world.

"You're welcome." I said cheekily.

_____________________________________________________________________

Betcha guys thought I wouldn't post today. Surprise, Chickens!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!