Past and Present

Jakie's POV

"Huh. I just thought all teenage girls should be horny." he explained. I looked at him, insulted. "Dude! That's just a stereotype! Anyway, how long do we have until the law takes effect?" I said, getting back on topic. Oliver's eyes glazed over and I knew he was thinking. "A year." he answered. A year?!?! A year?!?! Rawr! Missy grumbled in my mind. I had to agree on this. I know. Insane. I said back.

"Alright. If we're to eventually mate, we need to take this slow." Oliver said slowly. "I know. And I'm warning you, I'm not a very romantic person." I admitted nervously. It's true. I've never had a boyfriend and I've never kissed a boy. Frankly, those boys never caught my attention. Only one has, though. Oliver. "Hello? Jakie? You listening?" Oliver said.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Sorry, just brooding. Continue." I replied. The conversation itself lasted hours. Orion was wide awake when I went to get him up. He laughed when I picked him up out of the bassinet and showed me his one tooth. I admit it, I laughed too. After all, when a baby is happy, you're usually happy.

Take it one day at a time, Jakie. One day at a time. Missy muttered in my mind before scampering off deeper inside it. I took Orion downstairs to see Oliver. I could see the kitchen table had been cleaned of paper and scissors. "He has a tooth now." I said normally. Orion smiled at that point and showed his daddy his new tooth.

I was glad to have a family. Every night when I was little, my mother would always tell my what it was like. How there would be a Mom and Dad together. How there would be siblings. Oh, I remember...

{Memory}

{There I lay, in my bed. Excited for tonight's bedtime story. Mommy came in the room and I laughed. "Alright dear," she said as she sat down in the rocking chair near my bed. "Tonight, we'll-" I cut her off right there with my high pitched little girl voice. "Mommy, where is Daddy? And why don't I have siblings?" I had asked her. Her face tightened and I saw a sad look in her eyes.

"Well, Mommy and Daddy didn't want to have any more kids, so you have no siblings. As for where Daddy is, well, Daddy is with his new family." she answered in a calming tone. My seven year old mind didn't comprehend this. "Who is Daddy?" I asked, rephrasing it. Mommy's face loosened and she had a sad look to her. "Daddy's name is Jonathan Brunick, the Alpha of our pack. But don't tell him I told you." she whispered.

"Why?" I asked. She wrapped her arms around me in a hug. When she pulled out of it, she stroked my hair. "Because Daddy doesn't know he has another little girl. He thinks the only kids he has are Lacey and Caleb." Mommy answered. She then planted a kiss on my forehead and got up. She then went towards the door and turned the light off. "Night Night, little warrior." she whispered a she shut the door.

It took a long time for me to be able to fall asleep. I still didn't understand why Daddy didn't like Mommy.

{Back to reality}

I felt the sadness open up inside me. I then shoved it back down. No, sadness wasn't good for me.

_____________________________________________________________________

Here is a longer chappie! Yay! In this one, we learn a little bit more about Jakie's past. Interesting, eh?

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!