The Unknown

Jakie's POV

I went to bed in a wrought state last night. My thoughts were like the Gordian knot. I laid there in the darkness, watching the shadows on the ceiling. To make it a lot more entertaining, I pretended some were Godzilla. After a couple hours of Godzillaness, I fell asleep.

{Dream}

{The woods are dark and misty. A young woman sits in front of me on the ground. She had short, dyed light blue hair and mesmerizing black eyes. Somehow, she looks extremely beautiful in this odd combination. I focus on her eyes. Full of wisdom and warmth, like the coals in a fire. She doesn't look much older than me. Somehow, from somewhere, I know her. "Ilana." I whisper.

"About time, Jakie. I was wondering if you would ever fall asleep." she replies in a quiet voice. I give her an odd look and she laughs. "Okay. Anyways, how can I talk to you? A clairvoyant thing?" I ask. Ilana nods. I continue to watch her. "Oh, Jakie. We are connected in a way you wouldn't imagine." she said. I feel a little confused but I start to think.

I can rule out half sibling or full sibling. What other way? Then, I notice a change come over Ilana. Her eyes changed to a muddy brown. I tipped back a bit. "Oh my Moon Goddess! For real?" I asked excitedly. Ilana gave a laugh. It sounded like a clear, fast moving stream with a tinkling of bells. I decided I liked her laugh. "Yes, my wolf and your wolf are sisters. Mine is named Minnie." she answered.