Day One in the Mist

Jakie's POV

I left the house starting to search for the gap. My instincts said it was in Michigan, which would make sense on how nobody saw Lacey as she was kidnapped. I shifted and ran. I was a silver and light blue blur through the terrain. When I arrived at Silver Moon, it was chaos, to say the least. I could hear Alise shouting at the top of her lungs, and that was pretty freaking loud, "Find my baby girl! Please, find my baby girl!"

I contemplated on shifting back to human. Then I did. I stepped off the boundary into the woods and was on free territory. Then I heard it. A very faint hum. I recognized it from past years. The telltale hum of magic. The gap was close by. I searched through the woods until it got louder. Finally, I was standing right in front of it. It was like a ripple. The things on the other side looked positively demonic.

I crawled in and dropped to the ground. It looked just like the misty woods from my dream, so I knew Ilana would be here somewhere. I took a sniff. The varying smells of evil and dark magic flooded my nostrils and I coughed. It wasn't really that loud, but the birds took off from the trees. I didn't realize why until I moved around a bit.

There was the sound of whips hitting flesh. I took another sniff. Werewolf. I couldn't place it, and was kinda disappointed that it wasn't Lacey. Wait, Ilana! I carefully made my way through the trees and the sound got louder and louder. I could also hear faint whimpers of pain. I finally came upon a clearing and what I saw would haunt me forever.

Ilana, tied to a post with her face pretty much kissing the post. Behind her, I could see something whipping her with something that sounded like...silver. "You stupid b*tch! Scream all you like, nobody knows you're here. No one's coming for you." the something spat. Ilana's eyes were shut tight. I then decided to make one of the stupidest decisions of my life.

I stepped out into full view. "Hey! Idiot! What'd ya think you're doing?" I called out. The thing dropped the whips and went to confront me. I got a good look at him. Or, I think it was a him. He was tall, as tall as I was, and looked vaguely human. It was only for the horns tat sprouted up from his head and the fact he looked kinda like a demented goat with sharp claws.

"Who are you to be disturbing a whipping?" He growled. I set my face in a look of defiance. "Who am I? A friend of hers." I shot back. He growled. "Impossible! How did you get in, Wolfie?" he asked. I appeared to look bored. "I found the gap and I literally just crawled in." I answered. "What?!?! I must tell Makrest! Immediately!" He growled and raced off. I ran towards the post.

"Ilana. Can you hear me?" I muttered. There was the faint mumble of a yes as I untied her hands and feet. She dropped and I caught her before she could hit the ground. I could see at least fifty lash marks in her back and I could feel her pain. "Jakie...Is it really you?" she asked weakly. I smiled quickly. "In the flesh and at your service." I answered. I found a stream nearby and felt more relaxed near it. A healing stream.

I poured water over Ilana's back, washing away the blood and silver and they both got pumped out. She hissed in pain but I could see her back healing. When I was done, the marks were just scars. "Can you walk?" I asked. She frowned and shrugged. I pulled her to her feet and she stumbled before regaining balance.

"Okay. I'm going to get you back into our world. You will come out in Michigan near a pack called Silver Moon. Shift, if you have the strength, and run where ever you'd like. Just get away from here." I instructed as we got closer to the gap. When we came to it, I helped her through before racing off to find my half sister.

Sally, Lacey, please be okay. Please, please. Missy prayed. For once, I agreed.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hey hey! I wrote you guys an extra long chappie! I've got the updating schedule right here so you know when there's an update:

Tuesday: Update

Thursday: Update

Sunday: Update

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!