A little life form

Jakie's POV

"Thanks, crazy. And weren't you running?" Oliver asked. I shrugged and smirked. "I always did like climbing trees." I answered cryptically and sadly. "You are crazy. That's awesome! Colin doesn't deserve you." He said kindly. I smiled, a genuine, happy smile for once. "Thanks, crazy." I repeated back to him.

"Hey! Don't throw my own words back in my face!" he fake whined. I laughed at him. "Tough luck, I did!" I said happily. It had been a very long time since I had actually bonded with another being. And, he wasn't giving me the cold shoulder. This was a first for me, coming from a male.

"Hey, Jakie, did you hear what I said?" he asked, waving his hand in my face. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Sorry, zoned out." I said honestly. He looked around nervously. "It'll be getting dark soon and since I deserted Colin's little scout support group, I'm on the run. Can I stay at your place tonight? Mine is too far away." he asked. I nodded and put a hand on his shoulder.

I pulled away as electricity shot through my fingers. "Are we-?" I asked, not being able to complete the sentence. Oliver nodded silently and we took off quickly towards my place, not speaking until we arrived. The sun was just going down when we showed up. I was a little out of breath as I stared at him, my eyes bright.

"I can't believe it. I'm mated to the legendary Jaklynn Victor." Oliver said cheerfully. "Legendary? Why legendary?" I asked, extremely confused. Oliver answered quickly. "You're legendary because nobody's ever dared to leave Silver Moon or take out any scouts. Also, no one's ever dared to ignore Colin Roberts, with his damn foul temper. So, you're like a legend in the pack."

Holy cheese weasels. Me? a legend? "Are you messing with me?" I questioned. He shook his head. "Wouldn't dare. I've heard about what you can do and I have no desire to be on the business end." He said hastily. I chuckled. "Okay, now I know you're not lying. What'll we do?" I asked. Oliver shrugged. "I don't know. Hey, did you hear that knock?" he asked.

I nodded and got up. I checked through the peephole on the door and only saw a basket. I opened the door and brought the basket inside, since it was starting to rain. I moved the blanket covering it and saw a face. The sleeping face of a baby. "Oh my Moon Goddess! Oliver!!" I called. He came rushing over and was just as shocked as me.

"Hey, there's a note." Oliver said as he carefully unclipped a piece of paper. That statement means nothing. There's always a damn note! Missy said irritably in my head. I laughed at her and she shut off our link with a huff. "Oliver, read it please." I asked. He nodded.

To whom it may concern,

This is the son of Alpha Henry Earheart and Luna Stephanie Earheart. He has lost both his parents in a large rogue attack and no one would take care of him. I am leaving him in your care. His name is Orion.

Thank you,

                    Ilana.

"Oh my god. The Earheart pack was wiped out?" Oliver asked in disbelief. "Apparently so." I said grimly. Just then, the baby began to cry and squirm. I picked him up. His skin was rather pale and he was very small for a pup. He didn't weigh much either. About 6 or 7 pounds. "Oliver! He's a newborn!" I said. I don't know how I could take care of a baby. This was gonna be hard and I knew it.

_____________________________________________________________________

Good chappie? I hope. And I saw I got three new followers yesterday. I can't remember the usernames but thank you, Chickens!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!