Home is where the heart is

Jakie's POV

As I ran, Missy got more and more excited. Mate and pup! Mate and pup! Mate and pup! Mate and pup! She started to cheer once we got closer. I started to agree with her. When I finally saw the house, a wolfy smile. When I crossed onto the property, I shifted back. I walked up to the door quietly and opened it.

I saw Oliver in the kitchen, trying to feed an unhappy Orion. "Come one buddy, I promise Mama will be back soon." he soothed. I walked in silently and leaned against the arch to the kitchen. "Why hello, Mr. Mom. I'd have to say you were right." I spoke out loud. Orion literally started to make a noise that sounded like cheering and banged on the highchair table.

"You're back. Alive." He said quietly. Then, he embraced me in a huge hug. The sparks instantly relaxed me as he let go. I bowed. "In the flesh." I answered with my old cocky spirit. I quickly cut off my link from Missy as she thought her dirty little wolf thoughts. Honestly, her mind is filled with dirt.

"So, how'd it go?" Oliver asked casually. I began to tell him the entire story as I checked that nobody was listening. I had forgotten that I was probably wanted for fourteen counts of first degree murder. "So, how'd taking care of Orion on your own go?" I asked. Oliver shrugged before answering.

"He didn't sleep very often and when he did, he had nightmares. You do know he only knows one word?" He said. I nodded. My guess was that he had been repeating it over and over again while I was gone. Well, it was the only word he knew. "Da-Da!" he called out cheerfully. Oliver and I both turned to stare at him. "Did he just?" I asked dumbly.

"Yep. And I'm word number two!" Oliver whooped. I burst out laughing. I swear, I was almost dying. Then, Oliver worked out what he had just said. "Why are you- oh. No, not number two!" He tried to clear up but it was too late. He was officially number two. "Dude! Think about things before you say them!" I choked out.

_____________________________________________________________________

I know I'm late! Don't kill me! I swear, it was an accident! It was super hot outside and I was swimming with my friend. Don't kill me! Here! Here's a double post to appease you all while I go run and hide.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!