I should have known

Jakie's POV

"Aha! There's the Rogue. Quick, get the Beta a pack doctor. I'll take the Rogue to Alpha." A voice said. My head snapped up and I saw half a dozen patrol wolves surrounding me and the body of Colin. One was using the mindlink and two restrained me quickly. I fought like crazy so for them it was like trying to restrain an angry crocodile. Then two more showed up and I then knew I couldn't escape. Sure didn't stop trying.

"Stop squirming b*tch! Maybe when Alpha's had you punished, I can have some fun." One said to me. I snarled at him and bared my teeth. He looked at me lustfully. "Feisty. Just how I like them." he came closer and I bit his arm. Hard. When I let go, there was blood dripping out of my mouth. "Try to do what you're thinking about to me and see where it gets you." I hissed in warning.

I was dragged back to the pack house and up to Lacey's office. When the door opened, both Lacey and Alise were there. I did a mock bow. "Hello baby sis, stepmommy. Long time no see." I said apathetically. Alise growled at me. "Hold your tongue, you murdering scum!" I rolled my eyes and spat at her.

"Let me go!" I commanded the wolves holding me back. They submitted and let me go. "I'm bored. Can I go now?" I asked. Lacey looked like she wanted to laugh and Alise scowled at me. "Before you ask, Alise, I killed Jonathan and 10 other wolves in self defense. As for Colin? That was something I did because I wanted to." I explained briefly.

"You lie! Jonathan would never hurt anyone!" Alise said desperately. I sighed and stepped towards her. "You know the story of Luna Alma?" I asked. There was a pause as Alise nodded. "She was my mother." Alise looked shocked. "I-I-I thought Lacey was lying about that." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"Nope. It's true. Jonathan would have wanted to be with his true mate anyhow. Can I leave now?" I said. Lacey shook her head no and got up. She stomped towards me and got right into my face. "And here I was. Wanting to meet my older sister. Only to find out she murdered my father!" Lacey said hurtfully. I could see where she was coming from but I still remained bored.

"Your sperm donor wasn't the kindest person. You do know that my mother was prone to heart attacks after she was rejected? It hurts. A lot. I'm going to go now, since Colin's most likely dead. Bye now." I said as I jumped out the open window. I shifted the second I hit the ground and took off running.

I could hear other wolves trying to chase me, but soon they were far behind as I raced back to Oklahoma. My mind was only on the fact that I could finally get some sleep. My insomnia would be totally gone. I was happy and carefree. My life could finally be quiet. Just me, my mate, and my son.

_____________________________________________________________________

Here you all go! And @dmartens You were right. It was too easy. Good thing I know how to make up drama!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!