Now Or Nah?

(The next morning....)

Jakie's POV

I had been up for hours and it was only ten. I just couldn't seem to sleep longer than a couple of hours. I kept having a bad feeling in my stomach. And I didn't like it. "Can we just go? I sense something bad is about to happen!" I whined for the 13th time. Oliver sighed and moved his gaze to my face. "Please. Nothing bad will happen. We're in one of the most protected places in the world." He replied.

This was true, but I still couldn't shake the feelings. I tried not to bug Oliver too much, he had a hangover and I was sometimes kind. I felt like a dark cloud was hovering over us and I got peculiar stares from some people. They didn't smell- Oh Moon Goddess!!!! They're not wolves! Vampires and......Hunters!

I grabbed Oliver's arm and dragged him out of our room. "Move. Now. We have to warn the King and Queen." I hissed. He made no move to stop me as we both hurried along the corridor. My bad feelings intensified as I grew even more anxious. I knew I had been right when the first gunshots were fired off. That knocked Oliver into sense.

"Run!!!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes at him as I started. I couldn't force back the sarcastic comment at my lips. "No dip, Sherlock Holmes." I spat. Jakie, Focus! No Comments! Missy, the voice of reason, chastised. I rolled my eyes but listened to her anyway. When we arrived, the Great Hall was in chaos. Vampires were darting around, drinking blood, while Hunters fired shot after shot at the fleeing wolves.

Oliver and I jumped into the ground. I fought like a cornered animal and Hunter after Hunter fell. I also killed the Vampires that flew at me, fangs bared. It seemed my muscles behaved of their own accord. I sent hooks, jabs, kicks, elbows and punches. The occasional bite would distract them. I kept up the intensity as the numbers slowly shrinked.

I finally felt worn down. There were dead bodies everywhere, so it was impossible to count fatalities. I had glimpsed Oliver loping off to the hospital during the small break I had. I was covered in numerous cuts, several stab wounds, and bruises. I had even ripped a muscle. I gently cleared my throat, when I got partially strangled.

"Little help over here?" I called weakly. I caught the attention of one of the standby medical personnel and he called over about another five. They proceed to help me to the hospital. My legs were growing weaker as they hit the ground. "Oh lord. This'll hurt like h3ll tomorrow." I groaned. Two medics gave short, brisk laughs before setting me down on a cot.

_____________________________________________________________________

I know it's late but, here! Yay!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!