Rescuing Is A Risky Buisness

Jakie's POV

Oliver and I had been discussing a reduce plan for about a half hour before getting set to leave. We both went out the front door, I locked it, and then we both shifted. It felt awesome to be back in wolf form. I saw a stripe of color down the left side of my back and I spun around, trying to see it. From what I could make out, it was a swirling crystal blue. The mark of a clairvoyant. They were so rare these days no one knew what it meant anymore.

I looked at Oliver's wolf and gasped. He was silver too! There was also a stripe of color on his back. A dark and vivid green. That's pretty interesting. I beckoned with my head and we took off. I was in the lead and the day long run seemed shorter with Oliver nearby.

We arrived at about 3 a.m. We both shifted back, clothed, and crept towards the pack house. The patrol closest to us was asleep and we got over the border fast. I still had my key to the pack house from a long time ago and unlocked the door.

"Check the dungeonth and I'll check the Beta flat." I whispered to Oliver. Since hissing the 's' noise could give me away, I lisped it. "Got it. If you find him, thignal me." he lisped/whispered back. I crept up the stairs towards the fifth floor, where the Alpha and Beta families lived. It was quiet and my feet made no noise on the floor. To say it was creepy would be an understatement.

I found the door to the Beta flat and silently opened it. Moonlight spilled in the room through a window. There was a pillow nest on the couch and I decided to check it out. I tip toed over towards it and peeked inside. There was my baby boy, sleeping soundly. He was squirming slightly in his nest and I pushed the pillows back to make more room.

I went over to the window and opened it swiftly. I stuck my head out of it and gave the signal. It was an owl hooting and since I had learned to through my voice a few years back, it sounded as if it was coming from the dungeons. Oliver would have heard it for sure.

I heard deep breathing coming from the direction of the bedrooms and I stalked my way back over to the pillow nest. I picked Orion up out of it and his eyes opened. They focused on me and he gave a smile. "Ma-ma." he whispered and snuggled against me.

I carefully walked down the 10 flights of stairs, since two flights equaled a floor, and walked out of the pack house. Oliver was right behind me at that moment and he beamed with pride. "Thneaky Thpy." he said pridefully. I gave a mock bow. Raise the alarm! Missy begged me. I whispered what I was going to do so Oliver would know and took a deep breath.

I then imitated the sound of rabid rogue wolves extremely loud. The pack house was suddenly a noise hub and people were blundering down the stairs. Oliver and I took off and used our wolves speed in human form. Orion seemed to enjoy it and clapped his hands quite often.

When we made it back I moved him to a different room. I couldn't stand to have him sleeping in there, even though the scouts had left. For now, I just held him close and securely.

_____________________________________________________________________

And there you have it! This is tomorrow's chappie, but since I'm gonna be stiff and sore tomorrow I posted it today.

Don't expect a chapter tomorrow but on Tuesday everything will go back to normal. Except on Friday. I have another meet on Friday. Gah!

Wish Me Luck!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!