No Chance at redemption

Jakie's POV

{ Dream }

{I went up to the hospital doors and opened them. The smell of Lysol and other cleaning products hit me. I went up to the receptionist's desk. Arabella was there today. "Hi, Ara. I'm here to see my mom." I said. Ara looked uncomfortable. "Er....Okay. Room 302." she said, not meeting my gaze. I walked towards the halls and wandered around for a bit. Then, I found 302.

I pushed the door open and my eyes traveled down towards my mom's hospital bed. She always woke up when I opened the door, but she was still asleep. "Mom?" I asked loudly. She didn't move. I asked again, even louder. My mom still didn't move. I noticed something there. I couldn't hear the sounds of the machines.

I checked the life support one. It was off. I placed my fingers at my mother's neck, fearing the worst. There was no pulse. I put my entire hand on the left side of her rib cage. Her heart wasn't beating. I picked up her hand. It was cold. Too cold. The truth hit me. My mother was dead. And she had been for awhile.

I let out a sob of anguish and cried. Through my tears, I saw her hazel eyes still open. I gently closed them. My mother was tiny in death. I could barely think as I cried. Finally, I stopped. I was dehydrated and upset. I was going to pay for her surgery today. I had the 300,000 dollars she needed for her heart surgery. All those years of working and investing, down the drain.

A nurse came in through the door. "Are you Mrs. Victor's next of kin?" she asked. I nodded weakly. "I'm her daughter, Jaklynn." I answered. My voice was hoarse. "Who took her off life support?" I asked. The nurse looked around to see if anyone else was there, then spoke. "Alpha Jonathan ordered me to switch it off. I didn't obey, at first, then he threatened me and forced me. I'm sorry, Jaklynn, for your loss." The nurse said.

My eyes burned with hare and I dropped my mother's hand, and then flew out of the room. I ran all the way to the bank, to check if there was an account under the name of Alma Victor. It was empty, they said. All money had been transfered over to an account of Jonathan Brunick's. I checked my account. Mine was empty. Jonathan had stolen it. I fled again, feeling lost, betrayed, and alone.....

{Dream over }

I woke up with my heart racing. Ever since that had happened 4 years ago, I kept having dreams about it. I dragged myself out of bed. I had a small room since I was seen as a "disgrace to the pack" because my father had left my mother. I knew who he was. The Alpha of our pack.

He's a dick. My wolf, Missy, snarled in my mind. I heartily agreed with her. Can't believe he's our sperm donor. I said back. She laughed and came up with another insult. Agreed. And that poor woman he mated! she said. We spent a good amount of time abusing him before I had to leave for school.

The whispers started up again. "Hey, there's the freak who has no mom." "Hey, Is that Alpha Jonathan's daughter?" "Is she depressed, or something?" "Eww, is it true she still wears the same type of clothes from when she was 14?" I, as usual, ignored them all. I didn't want to hear the lies people have created.

I got the usual uncomfortable stares as I walked from class to class. I wasn't really depressed, just quiet. My teachers often avoided calling on me so they wouldn't make the class uncomfortable. At long last, the school day ended. It was only 4 more days until I graduated. Then, I can just leave and go to college.

I don't think I'll ever forgive my father for what he did. It has given him a one way ticket to Tartarus.

_____________________________________________________________________

Nice chappie? I hope. Oh, and the Moore to Dodge series is on hold until further notice.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!