Rumors spread fast, you know

(Two weeks later...)

Jakie's POV

"Guess what I heard?" Oliver asked me on Tuesday morning. My ears perked up as I put Orion in his highchair. "What?" I asked, trying not to sound too eager. "Erm, Lacey. She's.... Gone. She's been kidnapped." he answered awkwardly. I fastened the last buckle and wheeled on him. "What?!?!" I shrieked. And very shrilly too. Oliver quickly covered his ears. "Ow! And yes. There was an unfamiliar scent."

Oh god. Sally's gone. Sally is Lacey's wolf BTW. Missy murmured. I could hear the sadness her voice. "Any idea what it could be?" I asked as I started subconsciously wringing my hands. "No. Rumor has it just smelled like evil." he answered. I felt a bad feeling brimming in my stomach and I didn't like it one bit. Then, it dawned on me.

I grabbed and empty, and ugly, dusty pottery vase and hurled it across the room. "Oliver, cover Orion's ears." I ordered. He did so quickly and I unleashed every foul name under the sun. Even Oliver was wincing at my coarse language. "Okay. I'm done." I said after five minutes. Oliver looked at me. "What was that about?" he asked. I composed myself before answering.

"The land of the Mist. That's where they took her. It means another silver wolf was just murdered. A creature, small one probably, got through the gap and took her." I answered sadly. I felt Oliver's arm wrapped around me and for once, I didn't object. I just enjoyed the comfort only he could give me.

"It's okay. We'll get her back somehow." He soothed. I felt like screaming at him and throwing something else. It wouldn't be okay. We can't get her back. She's gone until all the silver wolves die. And even then, she'll probably be dead. My heart grew heavier and heavier with each passing minute. "No, I'm one of the only three people who can travel between. I can't lose you, I'll go." I said, standing up suddenly.

"Jakie, you can't go! You can't!" Oliver snapped. I watched him intently. His eyes were switching from brown to black. "Tough. I'm going. And maybe once I'm there, Ilana can help me." I snapped back. We had a stare down for a minute or two before he surrendered. "Fine. But if you aren't back in four days, I'm barreling in after you." He compromises.

"Fine. That sounds good. I'm gonna go get some sleep and mull this over." I said, suddenly exhausted.

_____________________________________________________________________

Sorry I didn't update! I forgot to tell you guys that I'm gonna start updating every 2-3 days. It'll be easier for me, since I am busy, and you guys get to enjoy a longer chappie. It's a Win-Win!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!