I walked downstairs as i unlocked my phone.

Twelve new messages and three missed calls from Beth. She had been blowing my phone up since last night.

I locked my phone and placed it back in my pocket.

I didn't have it in me to talk to her right now, especially when Sofia was over at my house.

At the thought of her i walked faster down the stairs, probably to catch her before Justin would. To my great luck, the two were already giggling next to each other as Justin dried off the plates she handed to him.

I bit back a scowl. I didn't expect to be this bothered by them, ever. Sofia was my friend. Before my brother came back, all she could ever focus on was me. I felt bad for feeling resentment for my brother that I actually had missed, but ever since he came back and stole what was once mine, I almost wished for him to go back away.

At that terrible thought, i shook my head. No, he was still my brother.

I ignored the gnawing at my chest and walked past them to the living room.

Justin never lasts long. He'll get bored of her and she'll come back to me.

<><><>

Sofia POV

I squirmed as i wiped the sweat off my forehead.

It was surprisingly warm today.

Which is why Justin had suggested we go in their heated swimming pool.

I was all for it and agreed immediately.

Now i was waiting for him to come out.

He was taking a strange amount of time to get ready.

Which is just weird because all he needs to do it take off his shirt and put a pair of swimming trunks on.

I groaned in frustration as i readjusted the towel that was still wrapped tightly around me, covering the bikini that i had borrowed from Elena.

What was taking him so damn long?

I had enough of the heat when dropped off my towel.

I stalked to the swimming pool, testing the water with my feet.

I smiled contently at the perfect temperature. I was about to get in myself when i felt two large hands push me in.

I yelled in fright and shut my eyes as my body fell into the water.

I surfaced back up and faced a laughing Alec.

He was bending down and leaning his weight on his knees as he doubled over in laughter.

"It wasn't even that funny." I grumbled as i crossed my arms.

He stood up straight and sent me a smile as he took off his shirt.

I only now realized the yellow swimming trunks he was wearing. It was my favourite colour on him.