Fight

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in such a long time. Someone I didn't know--but went to my school--died, been packing for vacation... I'm sorry and hopefully I'll update faster than I have been. Thank you to all of you who have been supportive of me and this series. Enjoy.

*****

I woke up in my own puddle of tears. I sat up and looked over at Erica. She was on her back, eyes closed, head to the side, and one arm dangling off the bed. I stood up and she was slightly shivering. I gently put her under the comforter and walked out of the room.

"Morning," Darnellel's voice whispered from behind me.

I gasped and hugged him. "Don't sneak up on me."

He kissed my head. "How are you and Erica?"

"Fine," I smiled looking at him.

He smiled at me and I saw Harvey coming into sight. Darnellel noticed that I wasn't paying attention to him anymore and looked behind him. Harvey smirked and walked up to us. Darnellel stood by my side and wrapped his arm around me protectively. I just glared at Harvey.

"Kate, I want to speak with you," he said and looked at Darnellel. "Alone."

"Why?" I asked.

"Just come on," he nodded.

I sighed, opened my medallion slightly as I walked and sighed. What did he want? We entered some room and he locked the door. I looked over him and he smiled at me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Just to chat," he shrugged.

"And we couldn't 'chat' in front of Darnellel?" I questioned.

He chuckled and shook his head. "He wouldn't agree with me."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"A battle is starting," he said.

"A battle?"

"And we want you to fight."

"Fight?"

He nodded and placed his hands on my waist. I backed up and he chuckled. "See? You know right from wrong."

"Exactly what would I be fighting for?" I folded my arms.

"Life. You see, Kate, there are people out there--worse than me--who want to hurt others. Not kill. Hurt."

"And you care?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Do you?" he challenged.

I sighed. "When do I fight?"

"Now," he said.

Before I could ask what was going on, I was circled by various people. There were a few vamps in the mix. They started to attack me, but I used a magic ball on them. Some people went down, others dodged it. A girl vamp smiled at me and looked around her.

"Stop," she hissed. "Let me handle her."

Everything fell silent and she escorted me out of the room. I kept following her--I wasn't sure why--until we reached a house. She never stopped walking. She went in and I went in with her. When the door was shut, it was automatically locked and I was thrown on the couch.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, as she held my wrists above my head.

"Shh," she said. "It'll be over soon."

I kicked her stomach, but she didn't budge. I continued to kick and scream for help, but we were alone. By the time it was over, I regretted following her.

*****

She finally left while I cried on her couch. I rolled off it and hugged my cloak close to me. I opened my medallion and Darnellel answered.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked.

I just nodded. Though it was a lie, I didn't want to tell anyone. No one would believe that a girl did this to me. "I'm on my way back."

"You look terrible, Kate. You have bruises all over--"

I shut my medallion.

I knew I looked terrible. Anyone would after they'd just been...victimized, I guess is the right word. As I took each step closer to where Darnellel, Issac, Erica, and Fay were, I felt like I should turn around and run. I didn't want anyone to know. It's not something you want to broadcast to over ten million people.

Most girls got hurt by guys--not by other girls. Why did this happen? Not to me, just in general. Why did that vamp feel the need to hurt me in that way? Her face haunted my mind. White skin, pixie-cut gold hair, and big blue eyes. I didn't know her name--and names are the most important information.

I snuck to my room and locked the door. I didn't want to be seen. I knew that everyone would ask what happened and where I was. I just didn't want to give up the answers. I just wanted to try to forget. But there was no way that I could forget that. I fell to my knees and hugged myself, letting out what I still had.

I was ready for another battle. Because I survived. I survived one of the hardest things in the world. So whoever tried to hurt me next, would die. I'd bury my feelings about what happened so far down, so I could look fearless in front of everyone else.

*****

It's not as much as I'd hoped, but there it is and I'm sorry for the late upload. The next chapter will be better and longer and hopefully faster. :)