Ch. 53

Nicole's pov-

It wasn't the looks of hate and pure evil, it wasn't the eye rolls or the hair flips, it wasn't the bickering that caused me to rush out, tears streaming down my face as I ran to the nearest room where I could get away. It was the words they said, it was the 'go kill yourselfs' and the 'ugly bitch'es. It was the nasty tone of their voice as the words rolled off their tongues and punctured me like venom. It was laughing right in my face as tears came to my eyes and I searched for Andy or Mads or someone.

"Nicole!" I could hear someone saying, but it was so faint, it sounded like a whispered. "Nicole!" There it was again, louder this time. "Nicole!" They said one last time, this time loud enough it might as well have just been in my ear.

I jolted up as I gasped for air and grabbed at the easiest accessable thing, the bed sheets that surrounded me. I felt cold, yet I could feel the sweat sitting on my body. I felt the tears and the eyes on me as I dug my nails into the sheets and continued to breathe heavily. Hands grabbed both of mine and pried my fingers away from the white blankets. A soft 'shh' was whispered into my ear as I whimpered and cowered into a nearby chest. Andy. I slowly started coming back to my senses as I realized Maddy and Rye sat near me on the bed and Andy holding me tight as I cried and whimpered, still feeling the pain of the words they spoke.

Maddy stood up and walked to the opposite side of the room and returned with a bottle of water, handing it to me with the cap already removed. I took it with shaky hands and brought it to my lips. I tilted it back slightly and felt the cool liquid run into my mouth and down my throat, soothing it along the way. I handed the bottle back to her as she took it in one hand and set the other on my leg near my ankle in a comforting gesture. I realized then that Rye had taken one of my hands from the bed and was now holding it lightly. Andy had the other hand in his as he rubbed his thumb over the smooth skin if my hand. He brought it up to his lips and kissed it gently, and rather than bringing it down he held it there, his lips leaving a warm pringt on my cold, shaky hand.

Rye took the hand he was holding and gently placed it in Andy's free hand. He and Maddy stood up with a nod from Andy and walked back to their bed after switching the lights off. Andy laid back down on the bed and pulled me down with him, pulling me closer than ever before. He wrapped his arms tighter around me than even possible. He tangled his legs with mine so I knew he was there and wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon. He placed a gentle and loving hiss on the top of head before humming a soft melody as I struggled to keep my eyes open, but eventually let them close. I drifted off to sleep, the thought of a bunch of teenage girls yelling horrible things to me leaving my mind as I found myself only focusing on the soft hum coming from Andy and the steady beat of his heart as he himself started to drift into a deep sleep.

______________________________________

I know, super short, I'm sorry.

This writing style is a bit different than the rest of the book, so I hope you like it. I really enjoyed writing it.

Ilya

~