Ch. 22

Nicole's pov-

I couldn't sleep that night. Not knowing if Andy was ok and not being in his arms was killing me. I just laid there and looked at the ceiling. All I could think about was Andy. It wasn't until four in the morning when I got a text from Rye that I could almost breathe again.

Ryr🐝- Andy's out of surgery but he's in a coma. There can only be three visitors in with him at a time so I think you and Mads should come down now and we'll tell the others to come down when they wake up, ok?

I answered him with a thank you and that we'd be there shortly. I got up and went over to Mads bed.

"Maddy! Rye texted. He said for me and you to go down now." I told her. Her eyes shot open and she jumped up, throwing on a random shirt and some sweatpants. I did the same.

-time skip~at hospital-

Maddy parked the car and we walked into the building. The lady at the front desk looked to be about thirty as she was going through some files that had been placed on her seat by one of the passing doctors.

"Um, exuse me?" Maddy asked her. She looked up from the papers. "Could you tell us what room Andy Fowler is in?" She asked her.

The lady, Laila, looked to her computer and typed a few things in then told Maddy a number a didnt really hear. Maddy thanked her and led the way to Andy's room. Rye was waiting for us outside room 322. When he saw he Maddy he ran up to her and hugged her tight and kissed her. Seeing them so happy to see made me tear up as I knew the love of my life was laying down just passed this door, not moving and not being able to say anything. Practically lifeless, but still alive. I looked through the small window on the door and saw just his face. It was too much, I had to look away. Before I knew it Rye had wrapped me in a hug.

"How are you?" He whispered. I couldn't hold it in anymore and all the tears I had tried so hard not to let fall, came crashing down all at once. Rye sighed in understanding and squeezed me a bit. I felt Maddy's hand run up and down my back a few times.

"Do you wanna go in?" Maddy asked me. I nodded. I was ready. I could do this, right? I told myself I could do it and pushed down the door handle, slowly pushing it in. I looked at Andy fully for the first time since yesterday, when he wasn't in a hospital gown and trapped inside his own body. I walked up to his bed side and sat in the chair that was placed there. I hesitantly took his hand in mine. It killed me to be able to hold his hand but him not hold mine back.

I never thought I'd be in a position like this. The love of my life life is in response danger. He's holding on by a string and that string doesn't have much give left in it. He only has a matter of time to wake up, and if he doesn't then things will never get better. They just can't. He's my happiness. He's my love. He's my everything. He's my other half that I've been searching for all my life and finally have and it could all be taken away from me, from us.

"Andy, I don't know if you can hear me, but you have to wake up. You have to. I love you too much to let you go. You mean too much to me. I can't say goodbye. Please wake up." I begged him, bringing his hand up to my mouth and kissing it. I kept his hand there for a minute until I felt his finger twitch. I opened my eyes and looked at his face. His eyes were barely open, but they were still open. The hand that wasn't holding his sprung up to my mouth. His eyes slowly started to open more until they were fully open and she was looking at me. His hand wrapped around mine and squeezed it. I jumped up and hugged him. Without warning, he grabbed my chin and our lips met in a slow and passionate kiss that lasted at least a minute. When we finally pulled apart, a doctor entered the room and ushered Maddy, Rye, and I out of the room so they could do a few tests and check on a few things.

"We really are gonna be ok, aren't we?" I asked Maddy and Rye as we were waiting for the doctors to finish with Andy.

"Of course we are! Nothing can stop us or come between us. Were a family and family have to stick together." Maddy said. I smiled a small smile and we all gathered in a group hug. The doctor then came out to talk to us.

"Alright so basically, he's lucky he's alive. He suffered a stab wound to the stomach and back and we were pretty sure he was never gonna wake up from that coma, but he was awake within hours. I've never seen anything like this before. He's gonna need to stay here for a bit and then when he does go home he's gonna need to take it really easy for a few weeks. You guys can go in and talk to him now if you'd like." He told us and walked off. I looked at the others. They were smiling. I couldn't help but smile a bit as well.

We all walked back into the room. Andy's head turned to look at who it was. When he saw us, his face lit up and his lips curled into a smile.

"Come here babe." He said, his voice croaky. I sat down beside him again and it was him to take my hand this time. "Could you guys gives a minute?" He asked Rye and Maddy. They nodded and left the room.

"I'm so sorry babe..."

___________________________

What's Andy sorry about? Sorry there werent any updates the past week, I've been with family since it was Thanksgiving. Thank you for patience and I'm still not in a very good place mentally so I'm too sure how good this is. If it seems kinda deep at parts I kinda just lety mind gitand write whatever it was thinking and this is what came out of it so yeah.

Ilya

~