Ch. 34

Nicole's pov-

"Who're you texting?" Riley asked me from the front seat.

"His name's Andy and he's in the band I went to see with Mads and Abs." I said.

"So, tell me more about this Andy guy." He said, glancing back at us from the rearveiw mirror.

"Well, he has died blond hair, beautiful blue eyes, the sweetest, kindest smile, the most contagious laugh. He's so sweet and kind and loving and... Amazing." I said, my cheeks turning a light shade of pink. I suddenly realized that missed him a lot more than I thought I did.

"Your dating him, aren't you?" Riley asked me. I shook my head yes. "Well in that case, I wanna meet him sometime and he needs to know that if he ever breaks your heart like Gabe did, I will make sure that I do get my hands on him and that he never sees a good day ever again. Hear me?" He said sternly. I nodded.

"Yeah. And speaking of Gabe, well I'll wait till Dax gets to sleep, but there's a pretty interesting story to do with him." I said chuckling a bit.

"Oh boy. Well, I'm gonna turn he car around and go home. I'll go in first in case the fighting is still going on and if it is I'll convince dad back into he bedroom and then I'll come out and get you guys. If not, I'll signal to you thay it's ok to come back in." Riley said. I nodded my head yes. He parked the car in the driveway and got out. I watched the front door as he opened it. He ran in quickly. I closed my eyes. I didn't wanna know what was going on in there. I unbuckled Dax and pulled him closer to me. He had tears in his eyes.

"Dax, it's gonna be ok. Were gonna get help for dad and and then everything will be ok again, I promise." I said to him.

"I want you to come back home everyday." Dax said. This broke my heart.

"Dax, I wish I could come home everyday. But I found a job back in England. My dream job. Remember?" I asked him. His eyes widened.

"Your a singer?" He asked exitedly.

"Yeah! I'm a singer! Remember how we FaceTimed Mads and Abs that one time? Well I'm in a band with them!" I told him. He looked up at me with his bright blue eyes. They reminded me of Andy's. I smiled at him.

"Nic, I'm tired." Dax told me.

"I know. Were gonna get you inside then we're gonna get you to bed. You can take a little nap and then you'll be able to eat dinner, ok?" I asked him. He shook his head yes.

A few minutes later, Riley came out of the house, phone in hand and up to his ear. He had an already forming black eye and a scrape on his cheek. He put his finger over his mouth to us quiet.

A few minutes later, we heard sirens and saw two police cars coming our way. Riley had explained that dad was about to hurt mom but he dragged him away off to the bedroom when he punched him in the eye and scratched his cheek. Mom had followed him outside with a dazed look on her face. The cops went inside and brought out a drunk man who I hardly even recognized as my dad. When he saw me, his facial expression changed from anger to disgusted. I help my composure together to make him think that it didn't bother me, but deep down it really did. The cops put him in the police car and then talked to us before leaving. We all went inside and decided to just go to bed, even though it was only 5:30. I went to my old room after putting Dax to bed. Nothing had changed. My bed was still against the far wall and the walls still a light blue. I was lucky cause my room had the bay window. Dax's room was next to mine and across the hall from his was our moms. Riley's room was in the basement. I changed into some leggings and a hoodie I had stolen from Andy before I left the flat. I climbed into my bed and grabbed and grabbed my phone. I texted Andy.

Me: FaceTime??

Fovvs😍🌵: Yes xx

I called him as soon as I saw his answer and he answered immediately.

"Hi babe!" He said when he saw my face. I smiled at him. "Tell me what's happened."

"Well I got home and said hi to my mom and Riley. My mom told me that my dad had started to drink again. He had yelled at Dax pretty bad a few times. Riley and I went to pick up Dax from school and when we got home my mom and dad were having a pretty bad argument. We left the house and when we came back my dad punched Riley and then the cops came and took my dad away." I explained everything. He smiled a small, sad smile through the screen.

"I'm so sorry I'm not there to be with you. I just wanna hug you tight. I should've let you go in that damn airport." Andy said sadly.

"It's ok baby. I'm ok. We I hope I'm ok. But I'm super jetlagged so I'm gonna go to bed." I said to him. He nodded his head.

"I love you so much baby." He said to me.

"I love you too." I said. We said goodbye before hanging up. I set my phone on my bedside table. It was hard to fall asleep, but I finally did after a few hours of tossing and turning.

______________________________________

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! As a Christmas present to you all, I'm gonna write all day today as much as I can and then I'll put out about two more updates today and a few tommorow as well.

I hope everyone is ok.

Ilya

~