Ch. 40

Rye's pov-

I woke up the next morning a little body being laid across me. I opened my eyes to see Lily sprawled out across me and Maddy. I was laying on my back and Mads was on her side with a her head resting on my shoulder.

Maddy stirred and woke up next to me.

"Christmas!" Lily shouted exitedly when she realized we were both awake. I let a little chuckle out and Maddy giggled as she wrapped the small child in her arms and gave her a hug. I ruffled the little ones hair. She giggled. Will and Carl then came into the room a few minutes later and took Lily upstairs with them, leaving me Maddy to have a little bit of time by ourselves.

Maddy turned her full attention back to me and propped herself up on her elbow, looking down at me. I looked up at her.

"Ya know, I really do like you, Ryan." She said after a few minutes. I chuckled.

"And I really do like you, Madison." I replied. Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink as she turned to look away from me. I put my fingers under her chin and her head back to look at mine. "Don't hide your blush, it's cute." I whispered. This only caused her to blush more. I leaned up and kissed her forehead.

"I don't know what I ever did without you. I'm always so weak and your always the the strong one to pick me up when I fall down. I wish I was as strong as you." She said as she looked down at our entertwined fingers that fit so perfectly together.

"Babe, you are strong. Your stronger than you realize. That strong little girl who had the courage to stand up and fight when your little brother was in trouble, the same girl who stood by Nicole when Andy was in the hospital. The same girl who resisted the urge to hurt herself even though she really wanted to, the same girl who, despite everything that's going on in her life right now, is still getting up every morning and making the most of each day and smiling and being happy, that girl is you, Maddy. Your one of the strongest people I know. I love you so much." I said to her, bringing her hand up to my lips and kissing it gently. A stray tear slid down her cheek before I quicky wiped it away.

"I guess your right. You always know just what to say, Rye." She said. I smiled as we both started leaning in until our lips met in the most loving kiss ever. It was something I had missed so much and really wished I could just have more of. She's one in 7 billion, and I can't believe she's mine.

___________________________

Tbh, I'm pretty proud of that last line😂❤️

Ilya

~