Ch. 16

Maddy's pov-

On the way to the lake, we were jamming out to Stranger and Nicole started to sing it. I joined in with her and octive lower than her and we immediately harmonized perfectly. Abbie joined in an octive lower than me and it sounded really good. We had never sang together before so this was a big deal.

When we finished the song, Rye Andy and Jacl were really impressed and surprised.

"That was really good! Have you ever done that before?" Andy asked us.

"No. We've never sung anything together ever before. I must admit that was pretty good though." Nicole replied.

"Pretty good? That's was amazing! Blair needs to know about this!" Rye shouted. Abbie shook her head.

"Nah, I'm good thanks." She said.

"What do you mean? You sounded amazing! You shouldn't hide your voices, you were all amazing. The world deserves to hear how good you guys are!" Jack said, wrapping his arm around Abbies shoulders. She blushed and turned her head to face the window. They were too cute.

Andy was driving and Nicole was in the passenger seat. Abbie and Jack were in the middle seats and Rye and I were in the back. We continued to listen and sing to songs on the short drive to the lake. When we arrived, we saw Brook and Mikey, Brook on Mikeys back, his face burried in Mikeys neck.

"So, they're cute. Anyone else agree?" Nicole asked. We all nodded our heads yes. They were really cute and would be a good couple.

We all got out of the car without them noticing us.

"What's up love birds?!" Rye yelled and ran towards them. We all giggled.

Brook jumped off Mikey's back and Mikey stepped away from him.

"Oh, shut up." Mikey said. Rye winked at them. They rolled their eyes but then gave eachother a look. I was beside Nicole now.

"You saw that look they gave each other, right?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Who didn't? They're not doing a very good job of hiding things. They're very obviously in a relationship. It's clear to see.

"That's for sure. So, how are things with you and Andy then?" I asked her as we were walking behind everyone around the lake. She blushed and looked down.

"I don't know. Sometimes I feel like he likes me like I like him but other times I feel like he doesn't and I'm just really annoying to him. He wouldn't ever like me anyways. Number one I'm not pretty, I'm stupid, I'm far from perfect, my life's a mess, I'm a mess. I just feel that he definitely deserves better than me." She answered. I stopped right there. I grabbed her arm to stop her too and spun her around so she was facing me.

"Nicole, don't you dare say that! You are pretty, you are your own perfect, sure your life might be a mess but then again whose isn't. I know for a fact that Andy couldn't do any better than you and I know for a fact that he likes you. ANDY!" I told her sternly, yelling at Andy in the last bit. He turned around and saw Nicole with a few tears streaming down her cheeks. He came running towards us. I nodded at him and he wrapped her in his arms. I ran ahead with the others.

Nicole's pov-

Andy wrapped me in a safe hug.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I shook my head indicating that I didn't want to talk about it.

"No, were talking about it. I know something is wrong and I'm gonna figure out what it is and make it better, ok?" He told me, grabbing my chin and turning my head to look at him. I nodded.

"I just feel that no one cared about me. I feel useless. I know you don't care about me as much as I care about you. I know you want me to go home. I want me to go home cause I'm a dumb person and I brought Gabe into your guys lives and now that's just one more thing for you guys to deal with and worry about. I ruin everything. I'm so stupid. I'm sorry Andy." I let everything go, completely breaking down now.

"Oh, Nicole..."

___________________________

What'd you think Andys gonna say to Nicole? Sorry it's been a little while since my last update. I've been having really bad anxiety lately and I've been really stressed with school and homework. I'm gonna try and update more and I have one more week of school until I get a week off for Thanksgiving so there should be some more updates then as well. Thank you for all of your support with this book. You all make me so happy!☺️❤️

Ilya

~