Ch. 5

Maddy's pov-

I made way around the room to find Rye. I was just about to give up when I saw him over in the corner talking to two girls. I made my way over to them.

I awkwardly walked up to them. Rye noticed me and waved me over. I mustered up the confidence to walk up to him. The other two girls took one more selfie with him before moving on, leaving it with just me and Rye.

"Hey babe, you alright?" Rye asked, wrapping his arms around me in the best hug ever. I nodded into his chest, since, after all, he was quite a bit taller than me.

"I think so?" I said, but it came out as more of a question.

"What's wrong? I saw that you were upset during Don't Hurt Yourself." He said. I nodded, suddenly feeling a bit more comfortable talking to Rye.

"It's really a lot and I don't think you really wanna know." I said. I didn't want him have to stand here and listen to me talk about my life.

"Nonsense. Of course I wanna know! I want to do everything that I can to help!" He replied, grabbing my hand and brushing some hair out of my face.

"Well, when I was seven, my dad died in a work accident, at least that's what my mom told me. About a year later, my mom met this guy named Garret. She apparently really liked Garret, and they wanted to get married after only six months of dating. Even though I was only eight at the time, I knew this wasn't a good idea, but there was no way my mom was gonna listen to her eight year old daughter. I have a younger brother, who at the time was four, and if my mom got married to Garret, then I'd have an older step brother and sister. Izzy, my soon to be step sister, was really nice. She was fifteen, but would mostly be living with her mom except on weekends. Henry, the boy, didn't seem that nice, however. He was fifteen and quite honestly scared me to death. About a month after my mom told me that her and Garret were getting married, we moved into a house with them. Henry started to get really violent around me and Will, my little brother, when Garret and my mom would go out and leave Henry to babysit us. I tried to tell Mom, but she never listened to me. I didn't even want to speak to Garret because I knew he was hurting my mom. I knew he was hitting her when they had their arguments. One day, Garret and mom went out on a date and they left Henry in charge of us. Henry was really angry and he started hitting Will. I got him off of Will, but he came after me. When my mom came home, she immediately packed all of our things and got me and Will in the car and took us to our aunt's house. She said we could stay there. She went back to Garrets house to 'get her things' but she never came back. I've been living with my aunt and uncle. When I was older I felt like self harming but then I listened to Dont Hurt Yourself and I didn't. I loved you guys from that moment on. You've never failed to make me smile." I told him. I had tears streaming down my face again. He looked shocked and angry.

"That's horrible. Come here." He said, pulling me into a hug. He held me tight for at least a few minutes. "Can I see your phone?" He whispered into my ear. I nodded and handed him my phone.

I put in the password for him and he opened my contacts, adding a new one, his. He made his name Rye❤️🐝.

Did Rye just put his number in my phone? No, it had to be a fake number, right?

No, Eye wouldn't do that, I don't think.

"Text me later," he said with a wink, before taking a few pics with me.

What a night.

___________________________

696 words. Tee hee.

Sorry, I'm a bit tired😂

Thank you so much!

Ilya

~