“I don’t have a pro- Oh, what’s the point?” I sighed miserably. “Lovely weather we’re having. Dinner is delicious.”

                “Look at you, trying to change the subject. Nicky, I think you need professional help. You have serious problems,” mom said with a deep frown.

                Yea. I’m the one with problems. Crazy lady…

                “Okay mom. Go hire me a therapist,” I mumbled, my thoughts snapping to Phil. Did he have problems? He seemed so childlike, but then he would snap to this furious teenager.

                “Hey Molly, do you know anything about Phil? Other than the fact that he wants to kill me,” I asked her.

                “Another boy? Nick! You’re going to get STDs!” mom cried. “Bad Nicky!” She smacked me upside the head and I whined and scooted away from her.

                “Mom! I’m not dating Phil! He just wants to kill me!” I whined.

                “Oh! Well, I’m okay with that. As long as you’re not getting STDs,” she said and giggled, ruffling my hair affectionately. Oh my lanta.

                Molly giggled before shaking her head. “No, I don’t really know anything about Phil. I guess I could ask Angel, but there’s no point. We’re just using him to toughen you up Nicky,” she said and also ruffled my hair.

                I miserably tried to fix my hair with my hands and gave up when I realized that it was going to be impossible. I thoughtfully scooped my food into my mouth, wondering just what the hell was up with Phillip Brooks.

                Molly ended up spending the night at my house. We finished our homework and took turns showering before crawling under my covers.

                “Goodnight Nick,” Molly mumbled, squeezing her eyes shut and quickly falling asleep.

                I stared at her and laughed lightly. Asleep, you would never believe just how evil Molly was. She looked so innocent.

                I snaked my arm around her and pulled her close to my body before letting my own eyes fall shut. Pushing away my thoughts of Phil, I let myself fall asleep.

                                                                                                ***

                “But keep those cameras rolling just in case I don’t look this good forever!”

                Molly shut my alarm off and we sat up together, rubbing the sleep out of our eyes. We crawled out of my bed and I threw a shirt at Molly.

                “Just wear the same jeans you wore yesterday. No one will notice,” I said before digging around for something to wear.

                Molly changed as I grabbed some shorts and a T-shirt. I changed as well and put on flip flops before heading out to the kitchen. We had some toast and got ready before heading outside to catch the bus.

                “Nick, you spend so much time on your hair. I feel like you should just get a buzz cut so that you don’t have to worry about it anymore,” Molly said, rolling her eyes at me as we entered the main lobby.