Dearest

Romance was dead. You've only been married for 3 years, and have a 4 month old son, Oskar, yet the love has fizzled, just like all the elders warned.

The birth of Oskar was blissful but the stress just drove you and Bill apart, you knew Bill wouldn't leave you but the days just dragged without much communication or romance - you couldn't cope much longer.

Waking up without the presence of your husband was pretty ordinary. Without a morning cuddle, you dragged yourself to the cot of your bairn and began to cradle him to soothe him into a deeper sleep which happened to work.

Once finished feeling the only sense of love from your son, you tip toed down the deepened stairs. The rustling downstairs indicated Bill was making some sort of mess.

"Bill.. sh. Oz is still asleep" you groaned in slight annoyance as you crept up to him, broad back facing you.

Bill turned with a large grin, and revealed a bunch of red roses in wrapped in white paper in his large fist. "Good morning, love." He leaned the bouquet towards you. You felt the tears prick your eyes in shock and confusion.

"W-what? It's not our anniversary until 7 months, Bill.." you stated, finding it difficult to find the purpose of this gesture.

"I know." He hummed. "Oh and these." He handed you a large box of delicious chocolates, your favourite kind. You beamed in joy, "Oh Bill.. what's this for?" You asked placing them on the island bedside you.

"Just showing some well deserved love to my beautiful other half." He bent down to peck your lips, causing you to giggle with excitement despite marriage.

"Thank you, Baby. Thank you so much. Good morning to you. I love you."

"I know you do." He wrapped his extended around your waist to pull you unbelievably close, no space for air to fill.

You gently pushed his chest faking to be offended, "say it back then, you dick."

"I love you forever, Y/N" Bill muttered between soft chuckles as he kissed your jaw.