Moved Away

You played nervously with the promise ring on your slim finger whilst biting your lip. Your teenage love, Bill, walked towards you with your bags and placed them beside you.

"I can't believe your leaving" he whispered quite faintly, clearly upset. He came closer to you, engulfing you in a loving embrace. You heard sniffles indicating he was now crying, encouraging tears to fall from you too.

"Stop Bill" you tried chuckling through sorrow, "I wanted this to be a happy goodbye" you cuddled further into his hug, and your face rested into the crook of neck and collarbone.

"Babe, this couldn't be a happy ending. W-why do you have to move!" He whaled, stepping back a bit.

"You know why I have to leave" you murmured quietly. Your shaking hands grabbed his cheeks and pressed a small yet passionate peck on his lips which he mumbled into.

He inhaled your scent, as you whispered "it's not a goodbye. I love you"

You turned, grabbing your bags. "I love you always" Bill replied, viciously wiping tears away.

He watched you leave to your car, only for you to return to your now sold home and then move away to a complete different town/city at the other side of the country.

Everyday was a text or call, but it then turned to a weekly cheek up. And now months later, Bill was then a faded memory at the back of your mind. Until.