Harder To Stay

Your hands gripped onto the thin sheets, trying to fall into a slumber. Your emotions had different plans, tears poured from your eyes and you kept holding your mouth and closing your eyes to hide them from the sleeping man beside you.

Curled into a ball and faced away from your partner, your emotions ran free secretly. You just longed for night to be over.

Realising you couldn't no longer sleep, you grabbed some loose clothing and ran out of the house, go.

————

You returned home the next evening around 7pm after spending time away from the hurt, and at your mothers.

You gingerly opened the front door with your key, hoping Bill wouldn't make a commotion. However, as soon as you set foot on the eliminate floor, Bill ran up to you and wrapped his arms around you. Your arms kept to yourself, and you looked away as he attempted to embrace you.

"I thought you left me, baby" he mumbled into your neck, inhaling your scent. You stepped away from his grasp leaving him with a small frown. You couldn't rid the lump in your throat.

He was aware you had been crying from your puffy red face and swollen eyes. "Baby.." he grabbed for your hands that fell at your sides but you remove them them his touch. He looked hurt.

"Bill," you swallowed the lump, "I think we should call it off" you stated quite clearly despite nearly breaking.

Bill's eyes widened and softened with sorrow as he came closer, shaking his head. "N-no.. why?"

You closed your eyes as a small tear escaped. Reopened them to just avoid any eye contact. "As you know, things aren't going very well.. W-we constantly fight, everyday. I can't cope"

Bill shivered at those words, he knew you'd fought dangerously and constantly but never expected you to leave. "What happened to forever?" his voice was shaking as were his knees.

"Just listening to the words you say, it's gotten harder to stay.." you don't dare to move, you felt so overwhelmed with sadness.

His mouth would move slowly but no sound could surface. "I-I. I'm so sorry. I didn't know you felt this way, please" He started to beg.

"All I ever needed was the love you once gave. Once gave" you told him. "There spark was there once, just not anymore"

Vicious tears fell once again down your face, you grown so used to this depressing emotion. "I j-just can't" you choked out, now a mess. You turned on one foot and returned out the door, running.