prologue

I sighed at the thought that I need to back home now. The librarian already stared at me sharply in order to make me leave. It was already midnight. The college final exam was around and I couldn't help myself but study like crazy as I am not born with books in my embrace.

As soon as I stepped out from the bus, I got goosebumps. The winds tonight were chilly than ever. Then, the ahjummas stories about the crime recently  lingered in my mind. Yes, I found out the road heading to my house were also getting darker as some of the lamp post already broken.

"Sh*t. It's 2018 why people still do vandalism?"

But my curse ended there as I felt that I am not walking alone. Someone have been following me. The shivers got into my spine. I didn't dare to look around and keep walking with super fast pace.

Too panicked and I found my house was getting further than ever. Walking fast for almost like eternity and I also didn't realise that I've been started to run. I heard another pair of leg was following the rhythm of my pace.

Luck wasn't on my side. My legs just too shaky and weak to run and finally I fell.

"What an unlucky day, huh?"

I gulped. The nervous sweat just enough to make me soaked. I turned my head. A smirked appeared in my sight. The evil one. A man with all black outfit just a step behind me, with a knife in his hand, enough to make me felt like I'm gonna die.

"Let me go, please. I don't have any money."

I cried. It wasn't a lie. I spent too much of my allowance for the books and tutors.

He seemed to not even care. Scrutinised me from head to toe, he licked his own dry lips.

I shut my eyes. Hoping that any saviour would come and save me. It was really terrifying. On that moment, a regret feelings of not practicing taekwondo like I used to do during high school came. Oh, pabo Kim Byeol!

"Then, I will take you..."

I didn't even opened my eyes but I could sense he was moving towards me.

Suddenly,

*Bammm

A sound that someone hit the garbage bin got into my ears. I still didn't dare to open my eyes. I even hugged my own body and cover my face with my palms.

I heard some shrieks, shouts and curses. Unsure to open my eyes, I just figured it out that someone fought for me. I mean, my saviour(?)

After minutes, the atmosphere was calm again. Only the sound of sighing and panting could be heard. It's over? Who win by the way?

"Hey, are you okay?"

That's probably my saviour voice, right?

"Answer me. You hurt anywhere?"

I just nodded with my hands still sticked on my face.

"It safe already. You can open you eyes now."

His warm voice calmed my heart. I could feel like he just totally near me.

I really wanted to open my eyes but... I still scared. Trauma? I shook my head. Refusing.

"Okay,then. Let me help you get up and walk you to the safer road."

I didn't say any word. He was kind but I still terrified. Covering my face while letting he guided me the way.

His gestures were really warm. He wrapped one of his arms around my  shoulder and slowly walked me somewhere. I could smell his scent. it was so nice and soothes. But.....