xlvi. blood stained blades & russet petals

I walked up the building fire escape with my head in a swivel. It was like my senses were heightened. Every movement, every change, even a skip of a heart was registered through my mind at the sped of light.

My footsteps were quiet against the moss filled ground. Honestly, I couldn't fathom how I was so calm, deep inside of me I felt an animal begging to be let out. To know that my baby, Lilith Logan was trapped in there being hit, touched by those disgusting men was enough to make me forget my ethics or morals, I just needed her back at my side.

After checking to make sure the coast was clear I saw an opening through the roof and took it. I was sneaking around the top floor hearing laughs and clanging of glasses. But the sound that toned all else out was whimpering. It was Lilith.

That was it, any plan I had was out the window. The animal in me completely took her reigns. One minute I was on the top floor the next was standing in front of a room filled with armed men. This was nothing. All I could see was my Lily sitting on the metal chair tied up with her shirt off. Her chest was bleeding with slits from her collar bone to her nipple. Her hair was ripped up to her shoulder on the right and kept long on the other. She was miserable. But then she saw me.

The look she gave me— it was like she saw an angel. She was trembling while crying tears of joy.

My vision was blocked when the first set of men ran towards me with their guns shooting at my chest.

The bullets rocketed off and I growled at the aggressors. Cisco made a few changes to my suit but one bullet still manage to graze the shoulder that Lilith had wounded a week back.

"Oliver! Oliver it's a trap! Get out--" She was punched across the face and I took note of who did it to make sure they got their justice. Blood splattered as she struggled coughing up the crimson fluid.

She was dying.

I didn't care, I didn't that this was a trap that is, I didn't care that when I crossed the threshold I was at risk of dying. I only saw one thing. My girl.

Everything was a blur, I only had thirty arrows with me, when the ten men left standing charged towards me, I demolished them with my bare bloody hands. I lost Laurel in the chaos but she couldn't stay hidden for long.
"Oliver! Watch out-"

Suddenly there was an arrow going through my shin but it might as well have been a kiss because I looked down at the henchmen who attacked me and pulled the arrow slowly out from my leg and stuck it into his hand binding him to the floor. I kicked him to no end in the ribs. I remembered his face from the video, I remember all of them.

The room was covered in blood and bodies, only half were alive and it didn't compute at that
point, all I saw was a tall framed figure behind her. I wiped the blood from my eyes trying to make out who was standing behind Lily.

"I'm getting out of here alive," the man growled and I could tell that Lilith's mind flashed back to the mission with the presidents daughter. Oh how the tables have turned.

She looked at me with frightened silver eyes jerking violently against the man. I wondered why I hadn't informed Diggle, Roy, or even Ray where I was. Sara was busy taking care of the streets so I couldn't call her.

I had been sloppy.

The man laughed and pulled Lilith by her hair leaving his chest exposed making me smirk.

Not sloppy enough though,

I took the metal arrow into my hand and without hesitation throwing it blade first through the disgusting man's heart artery. Blood gushed on Lilith's back making her gag fighting the urge to spill any content left in her stomach on the warehouse's dingy floor.