XV.Basel Notches & Crocuses

XV. Basel Notches & Crocuses

When I woke up I heard Rays soft snores coming from floor next to me. I told him a million times that he could sleep with me but him being the gentleman that he was kept saying no.

I looked at my watch, Thea was going to come over any minute, I rushed around to fix my room, Ray even though he was sleeping looking gorgeous. He brought a duffle with his stuff to spend the night. He was wearing grey sweatpants shorts, and I could've sworn he was wearing a white shirt but he must've taking it off in the night, I wouldn't blame him, it was hot in my apartment, it was cold outside so I guess the supper was trying to compensate but it had to be about 70 degrees and Ray obviously couldn't handle the heat that was springing about in my room. I looked around and tidied up a bit and picked up the glass shards on the floor from yesterday night.

Oliver, I suddenly remembered about Olivers party at his house tonight, I had asked Thea to come over and help me choose and outfit, but also because I wanted her to meet Ray, and she was official my best friend, I wanted her to know what was going on in Lily's life, not Violets, definitely not Violets life. She'd never look at me the same.

I hopped in the shower, and took care of my business, I needed to call Talia soon and check on her, I decided I'd call her later but for now I just texted her a sweet hay. She answered back immediately telling me her usual sweet sentiment but she was actually in the middle of an interrogation of a drug queen. I laughed, always so blunt she was.

I moisturized, as I moved up my legs.

"Arg!" I heard Ray yell and the sound of someone getting hit.

"Who the fuck are you?" Ray didn't answer because he was getting punched again.

oh shoot, I forgot to tell Thea Ray was staying over. I ran out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around me.

"Thea!" I stopped her from punching Ray in the face, "that's Ray!" Ray soaked in my appearance, he looked at me like I was Jesus or something. He blushed a shifted uncomfortably aroused.

Thea stood back and sat on the bed. " you freaking scared me, I opened the dang lights and see some dude half way under your bed, I thought he was a stalker or something."

I could hear her heart beating fast. Ray jumped up and stood awkwardly. Thea awkwardly introduced herself.

"I'm really sorry, I'm Thea Queen."

" I'm Ray, Ray Palmer."

"Palmer... that sounds familiar."

"Yeah, Ray here forgot to tell me that he ran a multi-billion dollar facility.

Thea nodded, "right, you made those cool watches 'Palmer Watch, like a computer , but smaller.' " She mimicked the commercial for the watch. "I got my boyfriend one of them for his birthday a few months ago."

"Well I hope he liked it."

"He did, until he broken it in half on accident a week later. Tip: make them more durable."

Ray laughed and nodded. " noted."

"Alright, you two keep friendly, I gotta put clothes on and then we'll get to the day."

Ray smiled at me oblivious to Theas glaring stare. She was jealous for Oliver, but I couldn't focus on that. I am with Ray, and I am happy. Ray is good, and I am happy.

I put on an oversized white sweater with boyfriend jean shorts. I was at home so I didn't do much with my hair, I just let it hang, it was a bright silver today, very attention grabbing. I walked out and saw Thea and Ray sitting awkwardly apart, tension was in the air.