xxxvii. fire ends & green lilies

"Are you nervous?" Oliver asked when they just about ready entered Verdant.

"No." She lied fiddling with her shirt.

"Lilith, it's just your friends down there, Diggle, Roy, and Sara. They just want to thank you for what you did yesterday."

"What about Thea?"

"Thea doesn't know about Roy and I."

She nodded, "she knows about me."

"What?-"

"I told you last night." She scolded him.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was too busy thinking my girlfriend was dead so-"

She kissed Oliver cutting him off, he kissed her back wrapping his arms around her waist. He pulled back smirking at her.

She took a deep breath before following Oliver down to the cave. When she entered it was dark, and Roy jumped out at her making her jump and out of reflex she flung him against the wall, then leaped off the floor pulling out her dagger to rest on his throaty.

"Surprise.." the light flickered on and she saw that everyone's smiles slowly morphed into confused looks.

"Oh." She moved her dagger from Roy's neck and helped him up, "sorry."

Roy smiled, "you risked your life for me, you can threaten to decapitate me any time you like."

"Alright, if you done beating up my partner, would you come over here so we can say thank you?" Sara said still by the computer.

"You guys aren't mad?"

Diggle cleared his throat, "the whole killing thing doesn't sit well, but you as a person, you're one of the greatest women that I've met, Oliver said your killings are somewhat warranted but he wouldn't tell us, when you ready you can tell us."

"It's depressing," She walked over to the group as they sat on the chairs. Oliver sat on the desktop with Lilith sitting between his legs.

"Then we're not talking about it tonight." Roy insisted passing Lily a beer.

As the night went on, Diggle being the grown up he was had to leave early, he hugged Lilith leaving to go home to his wife.

Oliver and Lily were being all cute in their chairs while Roy and Sara were playing darts. Oliver stood up and declared a competition between the three.

Sara scoffed, "no thank you."

Lily stood up and and took her place. "Puh- lease, if I didn't have my daggers, I would take away your arrow trophy."

"Oh really?" Oliver played with dart. "Then let's bring out the actual arrows."

Roy, Lilith, and Oliver got on their marks and decided that Roy went first. He shot and it was a pretty good shot, it landed just a few centimeters from the bullseye.

Lily smirked and closed her eyes.

"Oh, you're showing off." Roy insisted.