xlii. jaged tips & moss

Oliver and Lilith slept with their backs facing one another. He was pretending to be sleeping but all he could do was listen to the sounds of her breaths to make sure that she was still breathing.

They got into a huge fight about what happened with Thea. The fact that Lilith was coming to terms with what she thought to be her inevitable demise.

Oliver had convinced himself that everything would sort themselves out in the end, that a year or even more from now they'd be in bed together fighting about Lilith killing someone or something they used to fuss about when times were easier.

They just couldn't see eye to eye. Oliver sighed and sat up, "come on."

She pretended to not hear him, she was too depressed to get up and possibly fighting again.

He cracked his knuckles before reaching over and lifting her off the bed. She tried to protest but he was way too strong to fight. He carried through the corridor and downstairs to the kitchen. The lightly were dim but he could make out the island to sit her down on. Before he moved he kissed her cheek making her loosen up.

"What are you up to Oliver?"

"You need a drink." He walked out the kitchen and returned a few moments later carrying a bottle of wine that probably cost as much as her apartment.

He walked over to her she smiled tightly, "Oliver don't you think my body's fucked enough without alcohol in it?"

"So no?"

She scoffed, "of course , I thought this was a test." She leaned over grabbing a wine glass and taking one for Oliver as well.

He poured a good amount into her cup but not his. When she questioned him, he simply said, "I want to be alert in case you need me."

She chugged the glass in less then ten seconds and pulled back with a disgusted look on her face.

"You don't like it?"

"I haven't drank in months, I forgot that I didn't like it unless it's fruit flavored."

"Put it away?"

"No, I have a migraine and I'd like to get rid of it before I-"

Oliver clenched the bottle, she noticed and silenced herself drinking the liquid. But Oliver wasn't having it, just the thought of losing Lilith made him want to break something.

Her mood fell again, "Barry and I should be finish with the cure in about 3 days."

"But we only have six days left to fix you... you can't go faster-"

"Oliver I don't have my powers anymore, working my body and brain like I did today is wearing on me, I will get it done, but about me-"

"We will fix you."

She looked away awkwardly, "you haven't been to work since this whole thing started, you have to take that into priority too."

"Well it's kinda hard to think about club shares when my girlfriend who was once a murdering vigilante is being poisoned and thinks she's going to die in a week by a man whose girlfriend I got killed on island I was trapped on for five years."

She smiled to herself. "Excuses, Excuses."

****

It was day two of making the cure. Barry wasn't available but Caitlin and Cisco were around. I heard that he was cheeky person but it seemed he was too scared to joke around me. Something told me that Oliver may have talked to him before he brought me inside. I rolled my eyes but feeling my head throb at the action making me tumble slightly.