XI. Quivers & Allium

I walked to Thea and she had a broken look on her face. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

I called over a waiter talking a glass of champagne form the tray and gulped it down.

"Talk about what?" I said in between swallows.

I took two more glasses and drank both back to back. I had a high alcohol tolerance so this was going to take a while.

"Violet, I am sorry--You know what, I can see you don't wanna talk about it, so let's pretend it didn't happen for now."

I wanted to thank her. There was a gaping hole in my chest that couldn't be mended everytime I thought of Oliver. How could I have been so stupid and shallow? He had been dating Laurel for years! He wasn't gonna break up with his girlfriend of many years, and honestly, would I have wanted him if I realized he could do the same to me?

Yes. Yes I would.

I fought back my tears, Thea saw I was turning into a slice of bread under water, she pulled me onto the dance floor, some R&B song came on that Thea of course knew by heart. She started dancing like no one was watching, she looked beautiful, stupid, but in a cool way.

I followed her lead and lost myself in the music. Everyone joined on the dancefloor, and that's when the party started. There were body shots, regular shots, tweaking, whining, singing. The thought of Oliver stung less the more tipsy I got.

I knew that pushing it back was only going to make it hurt more later, but I was selfish, and I only cared about now.

Thea was still sober and she looked at her watch. "I'm going to head out, want a ride?"

"Nah, I think I'm gonna party a little more, I'm off for three days anyways."

"Okay, have fun! Send pictures, and call me to make sure you get home safe. Or don't if you decide go home with a rebound guy. Your best bet is Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome at 6 o'clock on the balcony, he's been checking you out since you got on the dancefloor. Oh and it doesn't hurt that he's hot."

I looked over behind me and  smiled at him, I wasn't going to talk to him but the problem was he wasn't my type, he was cocky and unfaithful, I could tell just by looking at him.

I continued dancing and such, I decided to take a break when I jumped to the song and I saw that my strength caused a dent in the floor.

I quickly walked from the crowd and took a seat on the ledge of a balcony.

My mind flashed to the thought of Oliver, I hadn't seen him for an hour, perhaps he left with fucking Laurel.

Just the thought of that made Violet want to leap of the edge and go find Laurel and hold a pillow over her face as she slept.

I could see what he saw in her though, she had perfect blonde hair that was obviously dyed. She was tall, skinny, accomplished. She probably never had to fight.

Well, me, I had scars, scars that were never ever going to leave my mind or body.

I sat, I knew I was dizzy but I still had good hand eye coordination. Violet was good to go...Lily on the other hand felt like falling apart.

Violet hopped off the balcony and pulled herself together. Flashes of Oliver and Laurel kissing and touching flooded Violets mind.

The thought made her squeeze on the glass a little too tight, she crushed it in her hand and glass shards fell everywhere making others looked at her with wide eyes, Lily blushed and tried to pick up her mess when suddenly her hand was stopped.