XXI. Hardin & Freesia

I tried to take down as much of the Abnormals as I could, but it was December 19, and my time was slipping, I bumped into Arrow a couple of more times, and I had two scars on my back and two more on my stomach to prove it. But tonight was when I killed Jackson Jones, Arrow had his hands full, he had to deal with some Vertigo problem in the upper Glades while I had a long night planned for Mr. Jackson.

I was helped into my chair by Ray who told me I needed to chill out with whatever I was doing.

"Don't worry baby, I'm fine."

He frowned, "I've been meaning to ask for your help on something, mind coming over to my place after work?"

"Yeah, but I can't stay the night."

"Why?"

"I have a big day tomorrow, I have to work."

"I understand." He put my coffee on the table. Ray and I had officially been together for a little over a month, it was amazing being with him, never any drama, only kisses, and sex... lots of it, we went on dates all the time, he bought me stuff, and I bought him stuff, it was a fun dynamic.

He kissed me once more before he fixed his blue tie that brought out his beautiful eyes.

"I gotta go upstairs,"

"Alright, don't kill Laurel."

I scoffed, "I'll try not to."

"It doesn't help that she dating the guy you had a crush on."

I looked up at him, "I'm over him Ray, he's just my boss."

"I know, I'm not gonna tell you to stay away from him, if I had to, you wouldn't be my girl now would you?" He pulled me up taking me into his arms making me giggle.

"You're such a dweeb." I kissed his neck.

"Alright McHorny, I have to get I work, what will your co-worker think if we made noise in here."

"They'd think you dick is-"

He cut me off kissing me.

"I'm going to the Glades to check on my manufacturing sect."

"Be careful Ray, you're a 1% you know that the people who are after the Hood could easily take you out."

"Don't worry about that." He smirked, "there are things that even you don't know about me."

"Oh really, what? Do you litter?"

"Psh, of course not, I'd never do that, I'm not an animal-"

"Ray, that was a joke."

"Oh." He blushed making me laugh at his silliness. "I plan to show you the different side of me tonight, but be warned, it's a tad unconventional."

"That's my middle name, Violet Unconventional Carson."

"Really," he quirked his brow showing off his pearly whites, "doesn't quite flow off the tongue."

I smirked, "yeah it's a family name, my moms name is Donna Unconventional L-" I stopped myself, I almost said Logan, Lilith mentally slapped herself but it's seemed that Ray didn't notice.

After a few more minutes of cute couple talk he left.

I got to work and got a text from Thea asking to stop by, she had been worried about Oliver and I made her feel better since Roy obviously knew something and wouldn't blab.

Oliver was late today as always, which meant he was gonna come in with more bruises. I, too was in pain, I scolded myself for wearing the yellow dress I was wearing. It was cute but it showed a stab wound that the Arrow gave me on my upper rib, it wasn't that noticeable since I heal fast but it was there.