XXIV.Classics & Birds of Paradise

Ray looked at the note on his bed and paced around the room.

Anna won't be the only love of yours to die.

Snapper, Ray had intercepted the shipment of drugs that Snapper was suppose to get and cost Snapper thousands of dollars, He swore he'd make sure Ray knew never to mess with him again. He'd destroy whatever or whoever Ray loved, or cared for the most.

Ray didn't have to advantage of flight since Lilith was still deciding if she was willing to let Ray out in the dangerous world.

Ray marched around and decided that he couldn't let Snapper think he had bested him, it was midnight and he quickly changed into the ATOM suit in his bunker.

He knew where Snapper hid out, he was gonna scare him good, that way Snapper would stay away from Lilith, his suit, and his company... and his favorite coffee shop. He ran out the window using his boosters, he couldn't fly but it did help his jumps.

He jumped by the Glades Purgatory Warehouse looking to see men surrounding the warehouse, but he didn't have to time to stop, he kept jumping until he was an abandoned bar in the middle of the Glades named Deviant. That's where Snapper took care of his business. Snapper was seven feet for pure evil. He was a hit man for hire in St.Lucia before he moved to Star City after an assassination attempt on the government.

He was trying to kill Tobias Church when Slade found him and recruited him for his skills, the skills to kill. The neck Snapper. That was favorite way to kill, he didn't mind a bit of hanging though.

So imagine his glee when Slade sent him to the busy streets of Star City to kill ten people to send a message to his old friend Oliver Queen. He was going to go for the most innocent prey, a child, but when Anna Williams jumped in front of that little girl, he knew he had to have her. He didn't care that her fiancé was there begging for him to let her go. He grabbed her before snapping her neck and throwing her beautiful body to Ray Palmers feet the night of their rehearsal dinner. It broke him.

He had to see justice done to Snapper, to Babatunde Ja'fun, the man who killed his Anna.

But Lilith didn't understand that, because he was trying to tell himself that he was over Anna, and there was a part of him, that needed to inflict the same pain that Snapper laid upon him, on Snapper and his type.

He walked up to Snapper who was alone smoking a joint on the broken bartending counter. He was wearing old jeans and a tank top. He wore dirty construction shoes. He looked and saw Ray.

"The Atom." Snapper chuckled looking at his changed suit, "seems like you added a few upgrades to your suit. That's funny, I told Slade about my problem with you and he upped my dosage of the good stuff." Snapper crushed his joint smirking at Ray. Ray gulped.

"I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else!" Ray yelled with confidence.

"What? Afraid that I'm gonna hurt your precious little Violet Carson the same way I hurt your Anna? I'd be doing you a favor, I don't like you two together."
His accent rang as his deep voice taunted Ray.

"Don't you talk about-"

"I'm going to beat you up one more time, and then I am gonna kill your girl, hopefully then you'll understand that I am not one to be messed with." Snapped grabbed a wooden stool flinging it right into Ray face making him fly back hitting the bar wall.