xxxvi. tied ends & dead flowers

Before you guys start reading this chapter (thanks btw) I'd just like to show you a story I'll be working on when I wrap up Hozen, I just started. It a Sherlock Homes fanfic. If you're into that, give it a peek❤️ thanks Hozeners!

This is the story of Sherlock Homes and Arabella Baelli😃

"It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations

"It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects."

"Sherlock what does that have to do this the-"

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality, do you see the paradox?"

"I just wanted to know if you had sugar, I've run out."

"What? No." He closed the door in front of her face. She looked embarrassed to the door cursing herself.

Watson looked at him shaking his head.

"Not good?"

"Not good."

He opened the door back again and smiled at her which usually came unnaturally. "Would you like me to accompany you to the shop to get some of your soluble carbohydrates?"

She quickly tried to hide the warmth radiating off her russet cheeks and smiled up at him nodding as she thought to herself,  what was she going to do with the bag of sugar she had at home now?

Okay now back to the story:

Work the next day was agonizingly slow.

Oliver and I, well mostly me since he didn't care, decided to keep it PG at work. It was pretty easy since he left suddenly to go 'talk to Diggle ' which probably meant that he was off beating someone up.

Sara was around, I was surprised to see that she was actually pretty good with numbers, she 'helped' me out with some work.

I felt for her, she came back expecting her sweet family and Oliver, the only good things were probably just her mom and dad. I promised myself I'd make a friend out of her. And it was working.

She and I talked for what seemed like hours about things that people usually fight about. Religion, government, views of life. It surprised me that aside from Religion, we both had very similar views.