II. Feild & Carnations

Close your eyes my dear

Lights shine not on thine fair skin

Shame be to all who dare to stare at the last breath of my lady

she stills

Only to breath again

When I was a child I had a best friend, Julie Shlvensky. We became friends because Matthew Davis put Hubba Bubba in my curly hair. I had always worn my hair in a cute afro. He didn't like it cause to be honest he was a flaming racist kid. I blame his Nazi mom. She denied but the whole neighborhood could have sworn that lady was a Hitler Lover. Julie spent two whole hours in the bathroom with me and even skipped recess to help me take the chuck of hair off. We ended up having to cut the hair off. I went from 12 inches to 5. I was so sad, Julie, the girl who had only just met me picked up her russian hair and cut it to the same length as me. 

We were inseparable.

Three years later when we entered six grade I found out Julie had leukemia and was diagnosed at a very early age at only eleven. She underwent chemotherapy and loss all of hair, but that time she didn't get to choose, life did. She was Steve Harvey bald. So I did what any one would do. I shaved hair off. All of it. That was the only time in my life I was ever bald, that was before December 21. The day of the Particle Accelerator, after i was soak and burned alive, like a phoenix I was reborn.  I woke up days later. I was hairless, burns everywhere but it seemed to be less than what i should have. I had hair on my eyebrows.. my arms. very minimal but it was there. 

But then I realized, I shouldn't have been alive, and mostly, I shouldn't have been this pain-free. After the trauma I suffered from, I should have been dead not walking around looking for K.O.R.D. garments to run away.

I looked around and saw the now hardened metals, I looked at the containers to see what was in my system. It was insane amounts of Alpha radiations, Kryptonite, Magnesium, Rhodium, Adamantium, Vibranium,Carbonadium...the list went on.

"how the fuck.." How was I even flesh and blood?... Unless... I ran over to the biology department of the building. It seemed that no had entered due to the radiations,  anyone on the floor was a hundred percent dead if they were here when...it happened. I took a needle and attempted to draw a blood sample from my arm. The needle broke the moment I trying to poke myself. I looked astonished. The needle was made out of strong metal ironically enough, it shouldn't have broke.

I realized that I also wasn't the fear, sadness, feelings I should have felt. All i felt was emptiness with a hint of pure, man-made anger.'It was like i was in a almost sound proof room, or i was still wearing my headphones, I could hear fine, better actually, but emotionally, I felt almost cut off.

I walked passed where I was passed out, all my hair was gone, It must have dissolved in the liquid, i must have been out for almost a week then. And no one came to help me, of course i probably had miss calls from my mom but i always missed calls from her, I'd purposefully go weeks without talking to her. I loved my mom, she was good, I just wanted time to focus on me for a little although saying now it sounds harsh.

I put on the sweatshirt before walking out of the engineering department, I slipped out the shoes i came to work with, I put it in my locker. My once russet skin was just splotches over pink and white due to the burns. Something was different about me, I knew it was abnormal when I picked glass off the floor and tried to plunge it into my heart, the glass simply broke apart and fell shattered to the ground.