XIII. Green Tips & Sycamore Trees

Ray pulled a chair next to me and lifted my feet onto his lap. He offered to massage my tired toes his but honestly he'd just hurt himself.

"Well I'll take one if your giving." He joked giving me this cheeky look.

"I'd never touch your feet unless you fought off the Flash."

"One day."

"Foot fetish?" I laughed nudging him in the chest with my foot.

"God dammit, now you know, I am a rich geriatric loving man with a foot fetish for drunk girls with silver hair."

"Gimme fifty years and I'll be your type."

"I can make an exception."

The room got silent and I wanted to lean over and kiss him.

He was wearing a white button up shirt and on top he wore a black sweater. He looked so put together and quirky. I was used to seeing him in his suit and tie, it was nice to see him a tad relaxed.

We talked a little more as we watched a couple of funny YouTube videos , but my mind was elsewhere, I couldn't stop thinking about what I was about to do to that sick pedophile creep. Who did he think he was?

I was going to make him pay.

"You have this cute crease between your eyebrows, like a little tree. You're about to do something and you're either eager, or anxious.

I looked up at him and sighed. " a little bit of both I presume, I'm not all rainbows and sunshines Ray, sometimes I have to make big decisions."

"Just do what you know. From what I've seen you're pretty damn good at making decisions, it got you here didn't it?"

"Y-yeah." Little did he know that with that logic, I made terrible decisions. I got molested, beaten, killed, and I've killed in return. If one would ask I am a terrible choice maker, but I went around making decisions anyhow.

Ray looked at me with warm eyes. "Here, try this croissant."

"Oh my glob Ray, I've told you for the millionth time that I hate them."

"But you've never tried these croissants."

"I'll literally throw--" and he placed the croissant in my mouth and I chewed and fell in love. " Oh.My.God! What the hell?! How is this croissant not already in my stomach? This is the best thing that has ever touched my mouth!"

"Wanna make it the second ?" He smirked at me but I just leaned in and kissed him. It was a quick peck since I didn't know if he'd be okay with it , I pulled back and he had the warmest eyes and I melted. " why'd you stop?" He whispered on my mouth.

He didn't have to ask me twice, I leaned in again to kiss him but I was cut off by the entrance of a presence in my office.

"The contractors said they'll be fine to meet you on Saturday-" Oliver walked in holding a file and was taken aback by my comfortable state with Ray. Not in a boss/ employee way, but in a Lilith/ Oliver way.

Shit.

Ray jumped up and fixed his collar, I looked over and coughed, "wipe your lips"