Chapter Thirty Five

The first thing that woke me was thirst but I fell back asleep before I could bring myself to look for water, the second thing to wake me was the feel of someone stroking my face in the middle of the night while it was dark which consequently also made me fall back asleep because it was calming and and nice.

The third thing to wake me was someone slipping on the ground next to me and really yelping as they hit the floor.

I realized I was in the hospital pretty immediately but couldn't quite remember why and it became more confusing when all of my memories recollected themselves out of order, the most impressionable first.

I thought for a second that Mara must have successfully hurt me with her knife and then remembered that I was ill but couldn't quite understand why I had fallen asleep.

I blinked rapidly and sat up a little to see what the commotion was and I was met with a lopsided smile sandwiched between two very flushed cheeks.

It was a doctor or a nurse, I wasn't sure, he had a stethoscope around his neck but I think it was on backwards because the bit you press against your chest was dangling behind his back.

I cocked a brow.

He flushed darker. He was a little chubby but really friendly looking. Definitely not bad.

"Hi there," He sounded very uncomfortable.

"Hi down there," I replied cheekily.

"Soo..." He lay there for a second as though he were just laying leisurely on the floor enjoying himself. When, however, the first couple footsteps ran past the door to the room he jumped up from the floor clutching his heart.

I smiled.

"Water?" He asked me.

I nodded, "Please."

So nice to find someone as nerve wracking as me.

The doctor or nurse spoke as he rummaged around, "You were sedated, you were badly dehydrated which is obviously a bad thing to mix with a high fever." He turned around to me and held out a tiny aeroplane still-water bottle. "Mr Heather is it?"

I nodded, "You?"

Weird, why did I ask him that, I blushed faintly.

Any minute now everything was going to become super awkward.

"I'm Keaton Scheu ("sh-oye" ) but call me Keaton."

"Hello Keaton," I smiled.

He smiled back.

Definitely not my type, not Ryuu, after all my type was Ryuu and also people with Ryuu-like everythings. But it felt good to meet someone who I immediately felt I could be on the same level with.

"So are you a nurse or a doctor I can't quite tell?"

He brushed his messy blond hair from one side of his head to the other unsuccessfully. "I'm a 'trainee doctor' but I'm employed as a nurse right now it's too complicated to explain. So a nurse in short," He blushed.

"Right, nurse Keaton, nice to meet you, I'm Mylo," I stretched out an open hand.

"I know," He said then he blushed beetroot realized I had my hand out and shook it violently then gave me an apologetic look when he calmed down.

I chuckled, I wondered if this was how I came off to other people, if so I needn't be so anxious all the time, if I was like him I was pretty sweet.

"R-Right, and... Oh yeah I'd better let your family know you're awake, give me a minute?"

I nodded.