Chapter Seventeen

[A/N] Check out the above image of a cover by @HighQueenT! Nice, nice, nice.

I waited at the front of the door to my house. It had gotten pretty late and I was really tired. After what happened in the booth I couldn't even look the waiter in the eyes anymore. I don't think Ryuu was affected at all. He just sat there all calm and suave as though we'd just been enjoying a nice quiet meal. I on the other hand was obviously all over the place. My face had lit up permanently and was probably still glowing a pretty alarming shade of red.

We'd talked a little but I think I was a bit quiet after that. I'm also incredibly nervous talking to him, something about him, even when he's talking, it made me really on edge.

I tried to joke about his bike being a death trap but I think he knew that I meant it. I was still scared of it even though I know it wasn't that bad.

He offered to take me for a ride through the town to ride off my fear because he said it you could really enjoy it once you trusted the vehicle enough to carry you steady and fast.

He looked at me funny when he said that so I guessed he probably wanted me to enjoy it.

Obviously I said yes, any excuse to feel up well defined contours of his chest was to be taken, no questions asked.

If I'm honest I'm still freaked out a little by it. But every time we start speeding off and I get to nestle my head into the warmth of his back and focus on the feel of his strong back and chest, feel his heart through my hands. It was good. It felt good. Really nice.

I wanted to go again. Just feel the wind, not freak out this time, hug him really close and just enjoy it.

Once we got going it was like, the fact that we were on an unbalanced two wheeler zooming at a devilish speed down the road whistling through the dangerous sunset traffic, it didn't matter, I felt secure.

But standing here on my own, just thinking, it made me realize something.

Ryuu was scary, very scary, what he did in the booth, it was something I would never have done before! It was scary that I just lay down and took it. That I wanted it. Wanted anything he was willing to give me. Needed it.

Sure he was playing on desire. But it was only an extension on what I really wanted. I'd never fantasized of anything like that before. It... it felt... good.

But then it was also extremely gross. Well... not the actual feeling, but the idea of it. I'd practically wanked off in a diner. What the fuck was wrong with me?

And yet still the memory... it made me feel almost just as flustered as...

I pressed back of my cold fingers against my hot cheeks. Dammit. What will dad say.

I sighed and reached in the small pocket off my bag for my keys. I kept them in a striped cotton wallet, not one that held any money in it, I just put it in there because I didn't like the jingling sound.

When I got my wallet out something else fell out as well. It hit the ground with a clinging sound and at first I thought it was money.

I picked it up, it was my old necklace, I used to wear it everyday until I forgot about it one day.

The pendant was of a metal dragon coiled around piece of cat eye. I bought like four of these when I visited witch city with my dad. Actually I'd bought them for my sister as like a tourist gift. But on my way back we saw a shop with leather strips, we got a couple and I pulled out the chain and slipped the dragon on it. Not only did it look better but it looked like it was for boys.