Chapter Twenty Nine

[A/N] The following chapter may contain traces of nuts and is not suitable for homo sapiens.

I walked over to Darren with a frown on my face.

"What's up? Is he actually pissed at you?"

I glared at him, "He's picking me up," I muttered under my breath.

"What why?"

"Because Mr Let's-make-him-jealous pissed him off!"

Nathan, who was somehow standing directly behind me, started laughing so loud I jumped. His brother joined in apparently finding something equally funny in my being mad at Darren.

"The kitten has claws!" He snickered.

I went red in the face because the nickname reminded me of Ryuu. Something was off though because even as Alfie was laughing Darren just stared at me and frowned. Felt like something Darren would join in on, either through laughing or defending his delicate sensibilities.

"Give us a second," Darren said, then grabbed my elbow and started pulling me into the corner where the bowling abbey desk was.

He looked around as though he wanted to make sure that no one was listening, the girl with the braids and weird eyes was gone, then he put a serious expression on his face.

"What's going on with you two?"

I looked at him confused, "We're dating," I said, like duh.

"Yeah but..." He seemed confused and stopped for what felt like a minute.

"I always got the idea that girl or boy whoever you ended up dating would be some tiger who told you when and how to jump... so I don't know why I'm surprised really-"

I cut him off, "W-What?" I frowned, my cheeks feeling hot. "Why do you say that he's my boyfriend not my dad!"

He frowned, "You're always so nervous, the only time you calm down is when you know exactly what to do and you trust the person telling you to do it."

I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Look we might not talk as much as we did when we were kids and that's probably up to me but I've always looked out for you, and honestly it's not hard to see."

My face was steaming and god knows why but for some reason I got really angry, defensive I guess. "I'm n-not like that you've got me completely wrong I- I don't even know what you're getting at!" I glared at him.

He stared at me for a second, "Mylo if Miguel ever gets... ah... weird with you, you let me know okay?"

Suddenly my anger deflated and I just stared at him confused, "What do you mean?"

"This whole picture thing I just thought he was a bit possessive but it's kinda weird and the fact that he's just picking you up in the middle of bowling because of a joke is surprising to be honest. Dude is weird is all I'm saying don't let that shit go too far."

I felt a twinge in my heart, something warm, an easy smile crept onto my face.

I patted him on the back and nodded.

☆       ☆       ☆      ☆

I waited maybe three quarters of an hour outside the bowling alley which was situated one floor below a cinema which replayed old classics and some French and Italian movies.