Chapter Eleven

[A/N] So this chapter is shorter than the norm but I hope you like it. Next time it will be longer. I'm freaking exhausted.

Mae and Darren did eventually return with a six pack of beer under the arm. Darren was busy telling her about some story back in primary school when he was dealing with a new kid.

Me and Darren were still friends back then so I remembered what he was talking about clearly and knew very well that half of it was bullshit.

He made it sound like the new kid actually attacked him when in reality Darren had initiated the whole fight. Obviously Darren was smitten with this girl, I'd seen him around girls at least twice and never seen him pay that much attention.

Ryuu got out of the car when they knocked on it and walked round to my side to open my door. I got a little flustered as I got out, more so because his sister was staring at me, surprise evident on her face. Still I couldn't help but feel like even if this was simply foreplay to fuck me and ditch me he was doing an amazing job.

We took a little walk to the back of the car park and checked out the trouble, which it turned out, was more than we anticipated.

Darren looked at the brambles with a look of deep thought. "We could step the brambles down but that's going to be heck of a lot harder with the burning nettles."

Mae hummed in agreement as I looked to the side. Ryuu seemed to notice what I was looking at just as I did.

"Should we go down there near the tree, seems to be less of them." I suggested.

Darren looked were I was pointing lazily and nodded. "Looks good." He turned to Mae. "You want me to carry you m'lady?" He grinned.

Mae laughed off the heat rising in her cheeks and took the hand he was offering. He didn't carry her but he kept her close to his side as they made their way through the brambles on the edge, near the oak and broken branch. They stepped on the brambles as closest to the root as possible and tried to keep them flat on the ground long enough for them to cross to the other one.

Darren seemed to find this a little more difficult than Mae, especially because for whatever reason his jeans appeared to be a nestling place for all the thorns to get caught when the nettles sprang back up.

Darren signaled for me to follow and I looked at him, I was hesitant.

Taking my first step towards the nettles I looked in the direction of Ryuu for support of some kind only to find he was not there. I stared around a little wide eyes, suddenly paralyzed.

Then I felt a rough hand on my shoulder, tugging me back wards. I turned to face Ryuu and kept my sigh of relief to myself.

"What's that?" I gestured towards the huge sheet of dirty looking wood under his arm.

He shrugged threw it down on the nettles. It didn't do much at first but with a little help from his foot practically crushing it down on, they finally gave way. Ryuu took a couple steps back and turned to me. "Move."

I opened my mouth a little, ready to find some sass in me enough to tell him off for ordering me around, but instead found myself closing it and just blushing my way past the nettles, very aware of his following me close behind, and the amazing heat that followed the man.

We followed Darren a little further into the woods so we were just about out of view of the car park and we had a couple nice, if slightly infested, logs to sit on. I handed out our food and kept my cola to myself as Mae tore open the six pack and handed everyone else a beer.