Chapter Twenty Four

The room was dark and the London rain air was whistling in through the window, the streetlamp across the road lit up the running rain. The window was just about open an inch because the room needed constant airing and due to this some of the rain had escaped inside, it was cold, or it should have been cold.

I was lying with my arm slung over his waist and my head on his chest. Subtly I nuzzled my cheek against that firm defined muscle and sighed happily. He was so warm.

How had I slipped into the grip of such a man? I feared that perhaps I was being naive and there was something terrible about him that I hadn't picked up on yet.

Perhaps because I was so taken with him sexually I had neglected properly character checking him. More worryingly so, sometimes Ryuu gave me the impression that maybe he was colder than I was witness to. However when I see him sleeping so peacefully it was so hard to believe.

It was hard to believe a man could look so welcoming in his sleep, a man who only a couple of hours ago was threatening to spank me. I flushed.

He has a permanent air of dominance about him, the kind of I-take-no-shit attitude that I had no idea I loved like I did.

When he got angry with me for little things and got that firey look in his eyes, I took a deep breath, yes there is a part of me that fears him slightly, not him, the repercussions of lighting that flammable tinder in his eyes, but oh god it turns me on like nothing else.

A part of me desperately wanted to know how far I could push him and what he would do if I pushed him too far.

Would he really spank me or were those just empty threats? I felt slightly ashamed at the desire the word ignited and desperately pushed the thought from mind.

His face looked almost angelic as he slept, I kissed the corner of his lip gently so as not to wake him and got up from his bed.

There was something oddly embarrassing about recognizing the room you've woken up in to be someone else's and I hurried to dress properly before intending to return to bed. If he wasn't awake he couldn't throw me out so I was going to treasure the time I had in his warm embrace.

The shirt came on first, then my briefs, mostly because the chill coming through the window was finally getting to me since I'd slipped out of my little pocket of heat.

Before I could get the trousers on the second leg Ryuu's arm shot out of nowhere and I found myself flying back onto the bed, the trousers fell away.

I was about to get angry but when I met with Ryuu's irritated gaze I curiosity replaced it.

"Where do you think you're going," He asked in that typical Ryuu way of his that made it sound more like an order than a question.

"I-I was just putting some clothes on." I replied quietly, confused.

His eyes narrowed, "Leaving like a thief in the night."

My eyes grew wide, "I was just a bit cold," I lied.

Truth was I had worried that if he told me to leave I would have to awkwardly stumble through the ordeal of throwing my clothes on while he watched.

"I w-wasn't going anywhere." I tried to keep the warmth out of my voice, I was warmed by the fact that he was irritated he thought I'd attempted to leave, which meant he wanted me to stay, if I wasn't in fact reading to far into things.

He didn't seem to be in a forgivable mood and I longed to kiss that dark cloud away.