Epilogue: Part One

[A/N] Epilogue! I promised it a long time ago, I'm finally writing it....

It's been something like 5 or 6 years since I wrote this book, so my writing style has changed and I might not remember everything as well as I think I do, forgive me for any mistakes, and please do point them out to me.

That said I have a minimum word requirement to write so I'm very hurriedly writing this to meet it. This is just part one! 

Nothing could prepare me for visiting Japan, not because the people didn't speak English, which a surprising few did, and good English at that, or because all the maps were in Japanese and the streets were confusingly laid out, but because for the first time as I stepped out of train station and moved across a busy intersection, trying to follow the maps app on my phone, I looked up and saw my boyfriend.

Plastered across a large rectangular electric banner, leaning back into the white void, hooded eyes looking down on everyone below, muscles on full view, a face and body that outshone the clothes he was supposed to be advertising, the name of the high end brand swaying behind his lazy dark eyes.

My chest buzzed with nervousness, I looked around to see if anyone else was looking up at it as well, but the heavy throng of people were all moving in seemingly separate directions and I could only notice a few girls stopping to point at it and giggle as they moved on their way in a small group.

Ryuu had warned me that celebrities in Japan usually moved between a fine line of not being noticed at all and drowning in people, that it was better to keep your distance from everyone when we were together.

Don't take pictures with anyone, don't use my Japanese name.

His English side was technically from Spain, so using a Spanish name, although it was the first one I was introduced to him with, felt like it might come off as a bit odd, but ideally people wouldn't be around us either way.

We'd agreed, while I was busy studying in college overseas and he working, that we would keeo our relationship secret.

I didn't need him to come out to his fans. Although I knew according to TV and books it seemed to be the right thing to do, it just didn't mean anything to me.

I belonged to him, I knew that, he knew that, that was enough to me, I didn't need anyone else peering into our relationship, I didn't need another wide eyed girl looking at me across from my school, sneaking into my room and peering over my bed as I lay there nearly delirious from a fever.

Ryuu agreed, but still made me wear the ring.

It wasn't a wedding band, it just looked like one, and I still felt an uncomfortable giddy buzz in my stomach every time I put it on.

We facetimed a lot, maybe too much, his manager, who seemed more like an assistant, overworked and constantly irritated, seemed annoyed when he walked in and saw Ryuu was talking to me.

Ryuu on the other hand was more concerned with my hand, and if I was at school made me show him it.

I'd only forgotten to wear it once and the humiliating punishment had been burned into my mind ever since, I hadn't forgotten to wear it again.

There was something less jarring about being punished by your master in person, but doing it to yourself over video call was another level of submissive that made my face red hot to think about.

"Either punish yourself at my direction, or I'll punish you when we next meet up, and add interest for every week you go unpunished." His voice was dark and low.