Chapter Thirty Three

"Help," I tried again, but it was less than a whisper, it was more of a breath.

If anyone was nearby they couldn't have heard me but I also got the eerie feeling that on this ship there were no souls left on board.  

My breathing was too quick, I tried to calm myself down.

"Hi," Was all she said, with a little wave of her hand.

Even her voice was weird, sort of monotonous and low, weird because she actually had quite a light feminine looking body.

Her plaits touched my covers as she leaned over me.

I tried to scream for help again but again I could not get past the letter 'h'. This was less to do with my being ill and more to do with the anxiety that was currently consuming me.

She seemed to take this as a returned 'hi' and continued talking.

"My name is Mara."

I couldn't speak, my tongue was a limp slug in my mouth.

She scooched on closer to me.

The air felt colder.

"You're Mylo."

Since I couldn't talk I nodded, on retrospect maybe I should have shaken my head but what would that have actually achieved, some mild confusion?

"Wow," She hummed. "You're not manly like Ryuu, but I see why he likes you, you look like me, we have dark eyes."

I felt some anger flare up, not only because she had basically called me effeminate but because she described me as looking like her.

Dark eyes or not. I wasn't her, I never wanted to be her, desperate for the man I love but always distanced and never seen.

I sucked in my breath, I was on my way to becoming like her, I already felt sick to my stomach that he was gone and it can't have been more than one or two days since he left.

Was my life really so consumed by the man? There was a desperation in me that made me feel weak and out of control, I hadn't done anything but I felt like a stalker, so genuinely stricken by the fact that he was gone.

Then it struck me that the way she said that it made it sound like she thought he liked me because I looked like her?

Which was weird, to be frank, because I had dark brown curly-haired, slight olive coloured, and am male... Just obviously looked nothing like her in any way shape or form.

I swallowed my tongue.

"Get out," My voice was rough, I was thirsty, my throat was dry.

Her eyes, which I hadn't thought looked kind, now looked anything but.

"You're very rude, you don't look like it."

I pursed my lips.

"L-Leave, I w-will c-call..." I had to pause to cough loudly, "I will call h-h-help..."

She looked angry, "Call for help? I'm sitting here being nice to you and you want to call for help why?"

I felt a shiver run up my spine, please, I don't want to find out what mean is in her book.

I looked at the door, then at the window, still no one.

I heard the sound of a motorbike ways away in the distance and I dreamed of Ryuu bursting in through the door to save me.

What a day to leave me to fend for myself.

"What... do... you w-want from... me," I growled as best I could.