Chapter One

[Mylo Heather]

"Are you coming or not?" My friend Darren asked as he pulled me from my locker. He brushed his matted brown hair out of his green eyes as he tugged on my elbow with his other hand.

"Yeah." I muttered.

How had he convinced me into this. This was going to be the worst mistake of my life. I just knew it. Don't argue with me. I've already paid for the tombstone.

"Wait!" I yelled suddenly. He slowed but didn't stop walking forward as he turned around. "I don't want to go." I muttered as he let go of my elbow.

He paused and gave me a small disapproving glare. I looked at my feet.

He sighed. "Mylo you'll love it, you just need to get used to it. I promise you we'll be there, we can make sure nothing happens to you!" He said persuasively.

I bit my index finger like I always do when I've nervous or contemplating.

"But I don't even like alcohol." I pouted.

"Well sometimes you just gotta drink it for the sake of getting drunk!"

I tugged and fiddled with the end of his sleeve. While also keeping my ADHD alive I was also trying to make sure he didn't just decide to go and run off to the party on his own.

He was my best friend since primary school. I had already drawn a big enough rift between us by ignoring all his invitations to join him on his wild escapades. He'd been invited to a lot since high school began.

I didn't want that closeness to disappear. And besides all of that I knew at some point I had to grow up. Have fun. I was a teenager but I acted like a four year old. I still sleep with my teddies for god's sake!

I'll do it. I sighed.

He grinned and grabbed my hand in his, pulling me towards the exit where his friends where waiting for him leaning on their bicycles that where now unchains and leaning against the school bicycle rack.

There gave us odd stares as they watched him untangle his fingers from mine. I blushed and tried to hide myself from view from behind Darren's slightly muscular frame.

"You go Mylo to come? Kudo's to you man, kudo's to you!" Jack cheered. He was a little shorter than me but obviously fitter with short shaved ginger hair and natural tanned skin that made his blue eyes stick out.

"Every time I ask him he turns me down." He said, then turned to me. "Mylo what changed your mind?"

I scratched my head.

"I want to grow up." I said without thinking. And Jack paused, Darren too, and Alfie, the blonde tall kid sitting next to jack.

I blushed a deep red. "Oh- uh- I mean..." I began before everyone burst out laughing.

Alfie even began rolling on the floor even though it wasn't that funny and Jack fell down after him rolling around on the dirt laughing as hard as they could for as long as they could.

After a while I began to think they didn't even remember what I had said and relaxed as what had began as innocent laughed turned into an outright war between the two on who can laugh on for the longest.

Honestly it was always a relief when the attention was taken off of me, for reasons I'd rather not go into I began to fear attention when I was a child. I don't think I could live through another such embarrassing moment.

My friends where all aware of this, or Darren's friends I should say. Apparently he talks about me a lot to them, which is embarrassing but I don't mind so long as I'm not there. I think that's why his friends diverted the attention off of me and began to make it into a joke unrelated to me.