Chapter Twenty One

When the motorcycle stopped I heard Ryuu curse under his breath as he got up and took off my helmet, slinging it through a plastic string lock and tying it to his motorcycle.

He helped me to my feet which I was glad for because I felt like my legs were jelly after whizzing through the streets like that and blimey you do go fast, motorcycles can really whizz through that London traffic because they don't have to wait behind the other cars.

I mean he could have, in more than a couple situations he probably should have but he didn't and I wasn't dead so I was fine with that.

Anything that didn't kill me was water under a bridge.

He seemed a little tense as I held his hand and he stood still as a rock in front of the garage to his house.

"U-um w-what's the matter R-Ryuu?"

Maybe he was mad at me?

"Have you seen her before?" He asked as he turned to me, gesturing in the direction of a woman wearing a long grey-blue coat, her hands in her pockets and her caramel braids contrasting with her vibrant blue earrings.

"No? M- maybe... I recognise her a bit?" Was I supposed to know her?

He looked down on me with a guarded expression, as though he was contemplating whether I was telling the truth or fibbing, but why would I lie?

He turned back to look at her and then back at me and groaned.

"Fuck it," Was all he said as he walked towards his front door.

The girl was standing in the next door neighbours garden by the door so she hadn't seen us yet, until, that is, we opened the front door.

Faster then the eye could she was jogging up to us a less than friendly expression on her face as she yanked hard on Ryuu's sleeve.

When Ryuu finally turned to look at her and spoke I couldn't understand what he was saying but it felt like I knew what he was asking.

"Anata wa koko de nani wo shiteiru no desu ka?" [What're you doing here? (the 'ka' means '?' but I've added the question mark anyway)]

"Uso tsuita!" [You lied!] She replied angrily.

"Naze koko ni iru no desu ka?" [Why are you here?]

She started shouting and all I heard was 'kyaria' before I was pushed into the house by him, the girl following angrily behind us. I wondered why he was letting her in at all, was she a relation? She looked nothing like him, did he maybe use to date her? Maybe he was still dating her...

She seemed angry, she looked like she'd been cheated, but he wouldn't do that would he? I mean what do I know? I don't even know his last name, I know nothing about him how do I know he wouldn't do that to me.

When he reached in close to take my hand I automatically pulled away.

My face went red when he his eyes met mine and I looked away. I don't know if he could read the mistrust in my eyes but he seemed a bit ticked off, I wasn't looking at his face but I could read it in his figure.

He made a sound that was a little like a growl and walked in front of the banister I was busy studying so I was forced to look at him or bluntly avoid his eyes.

"U-u-um..." His eyes were stormy and very angry and while I was having trouble looking at them I was having even more trouble looking away, they were hypnotising. I just wanted him to look at me happily again, calmly, but I didn't know what was going on so I still wasn't sure what to think or do.