Chapter Two

There was someone behind me.

He had slammed the door closed.

I was scared.

Why did he stop me from leaving?

I shivered and froze, pressing myself closer towards the door, desperate to avoid all contact with the stranger behind me.

For the second time I reached out to open the door. I turned the handle and only opened it inches before I heard, felt and saw an arm slam the door closed, the hand inches away from my cheek.

I jumped ever so slightly and felt my shoulders pull together slightly.

Slowly, I turned around, my body screwed up tight so as to make sure I never came into contact with his body.

I looked up at him.

Oh my god.

He looked like he came straight out of a wet dream.

Was he real?

My cheeks darkened and even in the badly lit room I knew it was visible.

My eyes traveled lower.

Oh my god.

He wasn't wearing a shirt.

Why wasn't he wearing a shirt?!

I tried to tear my eyes away from his well defined chest, and failed. The vague depressing light had such a perfect effect on his body, like a filter, each dip where the muscle ended was outlined with dark daring shadows that extenuated the power he resonated.

And his shoulders, I have a thing about shoulders, and his where just more than perfect. His shoulders made my legs feel like jelly.

They where just so broad, so taut. It looked like he was flexing but as he once again stepped closer, I could see he was relaxed as anything. He looked like he could just slouch himself over you and shield you from anything and everything out there to hurt you.

Something about him scared me, but equally so, made me feel oddly safe and at home, almost nostalgic.

I dared myself to look up at him.

Beautiful dark green scowling eyes on tanned olive skin pierced into my own as he too judged my every vessel. I felt my nerves begin to flutter, flustered, as I brought my own eyes past his thin stretched soft looking lips and slowly, eventually, up to the glare in his eyes.

They where scary.

I lowered my eyes immediately after meeting them.

"I ah- I'm so sorry... I was looking for my friends! I am so sorry, pl-" I stopped myself from saying 'please let me go' because I was aware even in my mind how strange that sounded.

But I didn't know what he was doing. Why had he closed the door?

He stayed silent. His eyes examining my scrunched up shoulders and baggy clothes with a look akin to temptation.

I looked to my left and watched him fearfully out of the corner of my eye.

"Ex- excuse me! I-I'll just b-be on my way!" I stumbled on my words.

I turned my body, flushing greatly as I brushed against his and turned the knob to the right for a second time.

I twisted the door open a crack, relieved only for a second by the bright sheen of light it sent into the room. Aware of how much I felt I needed that brightness in that moment.