Chapter Fifteen

[A/N] Mylo is not underage, this is set in England, where I'm from. The legal age for sexual intercourse is sixteen. This also means that for us Brits there is no difference between 'motorbike' and 'motorcycle'. I know that in America a motorcycle is the faster one, it ain't here.

[Mylo's POV]

Slinging myself onto the unstable vehicle, I did as Ryuu told me and threw my arms around his wide strong back and held tight. Holding onto him felt good, especially when the engine roared into life and I was on the verge of an anxiety attack. He was so warm and strong, he was a pillar and it felt as though, as long as I had a good hold on him, I would be just fine, he could never fall.

Riding a bike was one thing, a motorbike was another.

When cycling you have the option of going walking pace and if you fall off you know the worst you'll suffer is a couple scrapes and bruises. On a bike you have the option of cycling on the road or on the pavement. On a bike you have a helmet that doesn't cut off the majority of your vision and scare the shit out of you.

I was literally hanging onto him for dear life has he backed out of his parking lot and started speeding up the busy road.

As much as I tried to convince myself that we had a good balance going I felt as though one wrong move made by me and we would go flying into a car, or a house, or a person, or a number of persons.

Ryuu appeared to notice my mini freak out session in the back seat of his motorbike and when we eventually slowed and stopped at a red light he leaned over.

I couldn't see him so well because of both my helmet and his.

"Just hold on tight and you'll be fine. And.. that bar under your foot is for your feet, you don't need to hover above it."

I looked down and saw what he was referring to and let my feet rest on it. That felt a little better, less of the balance keeping was on my side now.

I took a deep breath. Okay, I was fine, this wasn't that bad after all.

Then the red light turned orange and evil English traffic went speeding off, laughing in the face of traffic congestion laws. And Ryuu persistently followed.

The rush of speed as we zoomed off made my stomach lurch and suddenly my relaxed hold on Ryuu tightened tenfold.

I think I must have winded him because I think I heard him gasp, or it might have been a laugh.

When we finally stopped in a packed parking lot I was almost reluctant to let him go.

I expected the bike to just collapse the moment he stepped off but it was standing straight up and I jerkily lifted myself up off the bike.

Not so sure I could do that a second time, I thought gingerly.

He leaned in close to take off my helmet, which I could have done myself but gladly allowed him to. I could feel the heat even when I wasn't wrapped around him like an elastic band. A part of me still wanted an excuse to press up against his broad back again, it was actually kind of comfortable, especially with the soft leather he was wearing.

He was dressed in all black as usual and I had to admit that the color made him look fucking sexy as hell. He had an aura of power to match it. Like a king.

Honestly just being near him made me nervous, it didn't feel bad exactly, I wasn't afraid of him... It just felt like there was some sort of expectation to upkeep.