•71•

For those who've been asking... Morgan is August's ex, Malachi's mother.

Anyway...

Happy New Year to each and every one of you and your family. May God continue to bless y'all and you all prosper to the highest this year and beyond.

I have a couple things to come. I'm taking this Wattpad thing to a next level!

Anyway...

Comment, Vote, all that good stuff if you want to read what happens next. And PLEASE take your time reading because from here on out, its all about paying CLOSE attention!

Enjoy!

August

“So?” She spoke

“So?” She spoke.

Sitting there, I still couldn't believe it.

“So wassup?”

“You tell me?”

“You're the one who hit me up?” I took a sip in my beer.

“Because I could tell you wanted me to. Not in any sexual way because I know you're happily married but when I saw how you looked at me after the initial shock went away, I knew.”

“Aight, you right.” I nodded. “I was hoping that you would.”

“Well, now is the time to say why?”

“Before I do, I must say you look good by the way. Its nice to see you without all that makeup on.”

“Thanks. I barely wear it anymore unless its for an event. Funny enough, you're wife taught me how to take better care of my skin, from an article in Cosmo.”

“I'a be sure ta let ha know.” I laughed.

“Now, what's up?”

“How the fuck you married Senator Murray?”

“That's it?”

“No but that's where I want to start. Morgan that nigga old enough to be your pops.”

Sighing, she pick up her bottle of water and drank some.

“Okay and? I'm a grown woman who just happened to have found love in someone a couple years older than me. Nothing is wrong there.”

“I understand that, but that coon.” I stared at her. “And how long you been back here?”

“I've been back here like three, four years now. What is with these questions?”

“So where his old ass comes into play?”

“Don't be disrespectful!” She stopped me. “He is still my husband.”

“Well damn. My apologies.”

“I met Eric three years prior to me coming back to the states, while he was back and forth in England, we dated, he was and is a great guy and has never once disrespected me and has supported me since.”