•64•

Misty

"Happy Birthday!"

Completely surprised, Nai walked into our beach house with a huge smile on her face.

"Momma!" She exclaimed as she dropped her bags and came at me, hugging me.

"My big girl." I squeezed her as tight as I could.

This was the first time in two weeks I was seeing her and both our emotions were high. After coming back from the Virgin Islands, I had to get back into dance mode and with her having school, once again I was away from her.

"Happy Birthday love." I kissed her on her forehead.

With this being my last performance, I was happy and sad altogether but I was excited for my son to come.

"Happy birthday Sweetpea." My mother and grandmother hugged her.

"Hey baybeh."

Approaching me, Aug pulled me into him, kissing me deeply. As everyone else filed into the house, we got settled.

"Well hello to you too." I smirked after we left go. "How was the flight?"

"Good, till Malik started acting the fool." He laughed.

"He's been around you that's why." Jayda shot back as they laughed.

"Hey love." I hugged her as she held him. "Hi handsome." I kissed Malik's cheek making him smile.

"Girl put that little boy down, let him walk." My grandma spoke.

"Sorry." She laughed.

As soon as she placed him on the ground, he took off running.

"That's what happens when you always got him in your arms." My grandmother joked.

"Where's LJ and his mom?"

"They couldn't make it. They had a death in the family so they had to fly to North Carolina."

"Oh my. I'm sorry to hear that."

"I got my birthday greeting from him so I'm Gucci." I heard behind me.

Turning around, Nai stood there with the smirk on her face like her father.

"Make me whoop yo ass for ya birthday!"

When she heard that, she got seriously so quickly and ran off.

"Aug."

"Ion wanna hear it Misty." He walked off.

Laughing lightly, I looked at Jayda.

"She does that on purpose you know." She said to me.

"Oh I know and he keep buying into it."

"He has her best interest in heart that's why."

"Mhmm. Anyway, go get settled, let me go finish with breakfast."

Nodding yes, she called out for Malik who came back in with a cup in his hand.

"What you got there?" She asked him.

"Wawa."

"Are you going to share your water with mommy?"

Putting the cup to his mouth, he drank some before raising his hands to give it to her.

"Thank you bubba." She smiled as she took it.

I stood there and watched how he took his time going up the stairs with Jayda not to far from him. It was so wonderful seeing him grow before our eyes and he was so smart like her.